Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 2.5.0.2 contains a file ending in .chk , the update page expects an .img file

Governa
Follower

RBW30 2.5.0.2 contains a file ending in .chk , the update page expects an .img file

Hello. I currently have a Router RBR40 running fw 2.3.5.34 and a satellite RBW30 running fw 2.3.5.6

I've noticed today that there are new firmware versions available for manual download (RBR40 2.5.1.16 and RBW30 2.5.0.2) but Orbi's update page does not detect them, so I thought I'd manually update both router and satellite.

Problem: the zip file for RBW30 2.5.0.2 contains a file ending in .chk , the update page expects an .img file. Renaming the file also does not work, the update page throws the error "the firmware file is incorrect".

How to proceed? Why is the file ending in .chk anyway? Thanks.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBW30 2.5.0.2 contains a file ending in .chk , the update page expects an .img file

@Governa wrote:

How to proceed? Why is the file ending in .chk anyway? Thanks.

Whatever engineer designed the RBW30 must have been "unsupervised" and set up the RBW30 firmware that way.

My guess is that the best way to proceed is to connect directly to the RBW30 web home page (http://<IP of RBW30> and select the menu option to Update Firmware.

You should be aware that there is an active discussion on the forum regarding the wisdom of manually upgrading firmware.  It's certainly your choice.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7