Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr40 ping issue

Keenpropertyfar
Follower

Rbr40 ping issue

When I speed test, the ping is around 200 but final results show the ping only at 8. How does the overall test show up a little pain but yet during the test the ping is up in the 200s. Seems to me that is lying about something. When I test the internet at Google speed test page it differs from the speed test that the orbi supplies in its app. One of these is not right. I have pictures from screenshots showing the results to the actual downloading test but the app that I'm which in for support won't let me choose any picture files I won't even let me open a file to upload. Issues left and right
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Rbr40 ping issue

It is difficult to know how to respond without knowing more about the "spped test" being referenced.

Every "speed test" app produces different results.  I have tried:

Speedtest.net

Fast.com

TestMy.net

SpeedOf.Me

speed.googlefiber.net

Windows speedtest application

Android speedtest app

In my experience, the "built in" Orbi speed test is the least useful of all.

This community forum post editor has a button in the lower left "Browse" where users can select a file to be attached to the post.  The forum allows only certain types of attachments, including jpg, png, and pdf.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbr40 ping issue

Are you wired or wireless when running ping tests?

Try pingplotter.com with a wired PC. 

@Keenpropertyfar wrote:
When I speed test, the ping is around 200 but final results show the ping only at 8. How does the overall test show up a little pain but yet during the test the ping is up in the 200s. Seems to me that is lying about something. When I test the internet at Google speed test page it differs from the speed test that the orbi supplies in its app. One of these is not right. I have pictures from screenshots showing the results to the actual downloading test but the app that I'm which in for support won't let me choose any picture files I won't even let me open a file to upload. Issues left and right

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7