Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Removing Orbi Satellit - How To?

migsta
Apprentice

Removing Orbi Satellit - How To?

I have 5 satellites - RBR50, RBS50x3, RBS50Y and an RBS20.  Looking to remove the RBS20 from the system as the RBS50Y is replacing it.  What's the proper way of removing the satellite so the router no longer sees it.  I want it removed and not still showing up as  "Disconnected".  Anybod know, thanks.

Also, anybody use an RBS50/RBS20 in the garage without any issue?  Thinking of putting it there but not if it's going to die from heat/cold, dust, etc.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Removing Orbi Satellit - How To?

I think there is a add/remove feature under advanced settings. 

Dust, heat or humidity are not good for any kind of electronic device. 

Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

With mine, if you go under the attached devices page and the satellite has been powered off, has an option to click remove. You do need to resync afterward if you power the satellite back up. Tried it just now to confirm it works. I took a screen snip of the prior to remove and the after. I'm on the 2.3.1.60 firmware. 

Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@migsta wrote:

Also, anybody use an RBS50/RBS20 in the garage without any issue?  Thinking of putting it there but not if it's going to die from heat/cold, dust, etc.

It depends on the garage.  I have had a Nighthawk R7000 in my garage for almost two years.  But, this is southern California.  NEVER freezes.  Only gets up to 105F.  If the RBS20 is "surplus" now, what is the harm in trying?

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

@CrimpOn wrote:

@migsta wrote:

It depends on the garage.  I have had a Nighthawk R7000 in my garage for almost two years.  But, this is southern California.  NEVER freezes.  Only gets up to 105F.  If the RBS20 is "surplus" now, what is the harm in trying?

The rbs20 is selling for >$100 on ebay right now. Might be a little harm if it goes bad right away. With that said, I've had an AP in my garage (minnesota) for around that 2 years as well without issues. I do routinely blow it off. I should be using an air canister but its my air compressor I'm using (I know, its horrible) and its still kicking. I've had it shut off when it was -20 degrees but that was the only time and it kicked right back on after a reboot and a little warmer temp.  

Message 5 of 9
VG37
Aspirant

I am have the same problem removing 2 satellites Support is no help.
Message 6 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

I thought @plemans response was pretty clear.  Power off the satellite that you want to remove. Open the Orbi web interface "Attached Devices" page and click on the satellite.  There should be an option to "Remove".  As long as the satellite is powered up and working, this option does not appear.

Message 7 of 9
VG37
Aspirant

I don’t even have the satellites. They were returned to Netgear as defective and replaced. I can’t find anyplace in the app where they can be removed from my network map.
Message 8 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry I was not clear.  The "app" looks slick, but there are many (MANY) things that the app simply cannot do.

Open a web browser and connect to http://orbilogin.com.  Click on the menu item, "Attached Devices".

The satellites are at the top.  Since some have been returned, they are 'guaranteed' not to be connected.

Click on one of the satellites and there should be an option to remove it.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7