Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Robot Vaccums and Orbi mesh network

gholson2
Initiate

Robot Vaccums and Orbi mesh network

Well this is getting quite a bit frustrating. 

Should be an easy question. I purchased a deebot robot wifi enabled vac and the unit will not connect to the wifi please dont tell me this is because i cant get the vac to see the 2.4 ghz network because the orbi system wraps it into one. Ive returned 4 of the vacs because of this issue and it seems super dumb that the new Robot vacs dont talk to the new network technology companies are putting out. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Robot Vaccums and Orbi mesh network

One test you can do. Disable all WPA securiity temporarily on the Orbi system. Then try to connect any of the vaccuums to the Orbi to see if they connect at all. Then turn on WPA and TPIK ON the router and test the vaccuums again. Do they connect at any time?

Message 2 of 5
gholson2
Initiate

Well not sure how this worked but it wouldnt work without the password until i took the steps suggested by Furrye38 thanks for the help. Connected right away without password after I set up manually. But wouldnt allow me to add a password back. I added the password back and reset up the robot and boom connected. thanks for all the help!

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
speckmaster
Aspirant

Not sure if you're still around. I'm having the same problems you had. I think I did what you were told to do, but I didn't have much luck. When I disable the password, the robot connects right away...like you said. When I turn on the password, it stays connected for a few minutes, but then loses it. Any suggestions? 

thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7