Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router synch with satellite

simkhye
Aspirant

Router synch with satellite

I just bought an Orbi kit from Costco. It worked perfectly but I only needed one satellite. If I buy another router,  can I synch the  satellite from the Costo Orbi with the new router in another location?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
loomis1975
Luminary

Re: Router synch with satellite

You can buy the router by itself at Best Buy and I think through Amazon.  And yes, you can synch your spare satellite to it as others have said.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Superpop
Star

It would have to be another Orbi router.  The satellite has to talk to the Orbi Router on the 5MHZ backhaul.  I do not think you can use the spare satellite as a repeater.  

Message 2 of 7
Hydro130
Luminary

I don't believe you can buy just the router alone, well a NIB one anyway...  Maybe on ebay, I suppose.

Why not return the 3-pack, and just get a 2-pack instead?

Message 3 of 7
loomis1975
Luminary

You can buy the router by itself at Best Buy and I think through Amazon.  And yes, you can synch your spare satellite to it as others have said.

Message 4 of 7
Hydro130
Luminary

@Hydro130 wrote:

I don't believe you can buy just the router alone, well a NIB one anyway...  Maybe on ebay, I suppose.

Why not return the 3-pack, and just get a 2-pack instead?

I am an idiot. Yes, you can indeed readily buy a standalone router unit - my apologies for the confusion.

Message 5 of 7
simkhye
Aspirant

That's what I thought but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the replies.

Message 6 of 7
Mgomez85
Apprentice

I had a extra one, I just sold it on eBay lol 😂😂 1 router and 1 sat was sufficient for my house
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7