Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite issue on Orbi 6

jonmell
Guide

Satellite issue on Orbi 6

Hi - I have an Orbi 6 RBR850 and two RBS850 satellites.

All working fine for a year or so then had to do a factory reset of the entire system to fix a password issue.

Now one satellite is working fine but any devices connceted to the second satellite won't connect to the internet.

I can see some differences in the app:

The satellite that doesn't work has a green dot but a different icon to the on that works

The hardware version is blank on the one that doesn't work / RBS850 on the working one
The firmware version is blank on the one that doesn't work / v3.2.18.1 on the working one
The reported serial number on the one that doesn't work is the same as the router. The working satellite has a unique serial number

I suspect the factory reset didn't really work (I've tried it twice) or something went wrong as it kept the name I had given it (Kitchen Satellite). The working satellite reverted to Orbi-Satellite after the factory reset.

Is there an even harder factory reset I can try? Or any other ideas?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite issue on Orbi 6

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
jonmell
Guide

Thanks! I thought I had done that but... user error

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats