Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite won't update to 2.1.2.18

BillYoung
Luminary

Satellite won't update to 2.1.2.18

To whom it may concern:

I noticed that my Satellite was one version back on firmware.  I tried to automatically update it, but it came back with "Update failed."  I then tried to manually update it to 2.1.2.18, but it failed on that as well.

What should I do?

My router is on version 2.1.2.18 and appears to be working just fine.  Should I back off the update on the router?  Or should I try hard booting the Satellite (i.e. unplug it and re-sync it to the router) and see if I can update it after that?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BillYoung
Luminary

To whom it may concern:

Well, I rebooted and resynced the Satellite.  I was then able to update the firmware on the Satellite to 2.1.2.18.

This is the second time I've had to do this to the Satellite to get it to work properly.

Oh well.  At least it is back up again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
BillYoung
Luminary

To whom it may concern:

Well, I rebooted and resynced the Satellite.  I was then able to update the firmware on the Satellite to 2.1.2.18.

This is the second time I've had to do this to the Satellite to get it to work properly.

Oh well.  At least it is back up again.

Message 2 of 3
sleepr88
Apprentice

I just want my money back (out of return window)... I will never buy, or recommend any Netgear product again... they have taken way too long to fix any of the issues with the Orbi system

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7