Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Scheduled restart for Orbi RBR50 Wifi

dmkbarac
Aspirant

Scheduled restart for Orbi RBR50 Wifi

Is it possible to schedule restarts for Orbi RBR50 Wifi router + 2 Orbi RBS50 satelites please? I found out that restarting the router every week keeps the entire wifi network working properly otherwise iPhone/iPad/Laptops loose wifi network connection. Restarting the router always seems to fix the issue. 

I found out that if I enable telnet on the Orbi via the debug config, I can use remote commands however I can't find a way to keep telnet enabled following a router restart.

Router firmware: V2.3.5.30

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Scheduled restart for Orbi RBR50 Wifi

I have never seen a setting for automatic restart on the Orbi.

Also, I am 99% certain that when the Orbi boots up, telnet will not be enabled.  (There might be a telnet hack to force that, but I am unaware of what it might be.)

My Orbi has been up for 96 days.  We have iPhone, iPad, and iPod connected with WiFi.  Perhaps if you can describe more about the circumstances, one of the forum members with a lot of Apple experience can suggest a way to keep them connected.  Otherwise, I guess a "manual restart" may be the only alternative.

Message 2 of 3
dmkbarac
Aspirant

Re: Scheduled restart for Orbi RBR50 Wifi

I have a total of 19 devices connected. Besides 4 iPhones, 2 laptops, an iMac and 1 PC, I have a Honeywell security system with 3 cameras via TotalConnect 2.0, a Ring video device on the front door, a Harmony remote control, a Samsung TV, a Denon AV receiver, and a garage door opener system (MyQ). Everything works great for 4-6 days after which the router no longer works and a manual restart fixes the issue.

I wonder whether I should have the cameras from the home security system on a separate wifi network but I'm not sure if they would interfere with each other and make the problem worse.

The other choice I see is to buy an automatic outlet timer reboot which cycles the power daily on the router. I was hoping to program the router for a reboot rather than cut its power from the outlet.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7