Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Solid Purple Ring on RBR50 in AP Mode

tp44785
Aspirant

Solid Purple Ring on RBR50 in AP Mode

Here's my setup - 

RBR50 in AP Mode (have an existing firewall so making this a router is not an option)
RBS50 Satellite (wireless backhaul)
RBS40 Satellite (wireless backhaul)

All units are at latest firmware - 2.1.4.16. Wireless works fine but there is always a solid purple ring on the RBR50 unit. I have read this indicates access to Internet has been lost but that's not the case (unless it is testing this on the WAN port which is not in use in AP mode, in which case this is a bug).  Is there any way to turn off/disable the light when it's in AP mode?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Solid Purple Ring on RBR50 in AP Mode

You can use either LAN or WAN port. WAN is recommended by NG and if you use this port, the top LED should not be on as PINK and should turn BLUE then go OFF. Its not a bug if your not using the WAN or LAN port. 

You can't disable the LED at all. 

Message 2 of 6
toe
Apprentice
Apprentice

@tp44785 wrote:

Here's my setup - 

RBR50 in AP Mode (have an existing firewall so making this a router is not an option)

All units are at latest firmware - 2.1.4.16. Wireless works fine but there is always a solid purple ring on the RBR50 unit. I have read this indicates access to Internet has been lost but that's not the case (unless it is testing this on the WAN port which is not in use in AP mode, in which case this is a bug).  Is there any way to turn off/disable the light when it's in AP mode?

I have reported this bug to Netgear. No response yet after 2 weeks. Not even an acknowledgement. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The PINK led should go out if you use the WAN port in AP mode.

@toe wrote:

@tp44785 wrote:

Here's my setup - 

I have reported this bug to Netgear. No response yet after 2 weeks. Not even an acknowledgement. 

Message 4 of 6
vglen
Aspirant

I just started experiencing the same issue. I also in AP mode, as I have my own firewall. Did you ver hear back from NG? My RBS50 lights up blue and goes dark like normal. I am also getting my normal speeds. Just maddenging.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Connecting the Orbi router thats in AP mode using it's Yellow WAN port to your firewall? 

Is the firewall also DHCP or does that come from a different service or device? 

Test the Orbi connected to the main host router with out the firewall attached as a quick test? 

@vglen wrote:

I just started experiencing the same issue. I also in AP mode, as I have my own firewall. Did you ver hear back from NG? My RBS50 lights up blue and goes dark like normal. I am also getting my normal speeds. Just maddenging.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7