Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble logging into ORBI app...Bad Password?

sandman512
Apprentice

Trouble logging into ORBI app...Bad Password?

So, attempting to log into my ORBI system via the app.  The first screen asks for my email and P/W, no problems there.  The next screen pops up and ask for admin credentials.  SO, it says admin for the user name and when I enter the password, it doesnt work.  Any advice on this?  Also, FWIW, trying to enter via a web browser and the splash screens asks me if I am interedted in Parental Controls.  I cleared everything.  Thank you!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Trouble logging into ORBI app...Bad Password?

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@sandman512 wrote:

So, attempting to log into my ORBI system via the app.  The first screen asks for my email and P/W, no problems there.  The next screen pops up and ask for admin credentials.  SO, it says admin for the user name and when I enter the password, it doesnt work.  Any advice on this?  Also, FWIW, trying to enter via a web browser and the splash screens asks me if I am interedted in Parental Controls.  I cleared everything.  Thank you!

@FURRYe38is correct that people who participate in the "app" forum are much more likely to have relevant experience.  One thing that is worth remembering is that Orbi has three different "password":

• The WiFi login has a name (SSID) and password.
    When the Orbi is taken out of the box (or Reset to Factory) it is the values printed on the product label
  • The Orbi web interface has credentials, "admin" for user name and (originally) "password", and the user is encouraged to change that password to something less obvious (almost hounded to do so)
  • The Orbi "app" login, which consists of a Netgear account email address and password.

It is really unusual for someone to manage to get all three of these passwords to be the same.  Personally, I find it all rather confusing and wish that Netgear had never created the "app".  (I understand that fewer and fewer customers have "computers" these days and using an "app" is inevitable. Since the "app" does not provide access to any of the Orbi advanced features, I am definitely not "sold on it.")

Message 3 of 5
sandman512
Apprentice

So, wanted to update this thread, A reboot of my system worked; was able to successfully sign in using my user name and P/W.  Just want to add in case anyone from NETGEAR monitors the posts that this is the second time this has happened whereas logging via a computer brings me to the DIsney Circle splash screen and the app just wont let me in(bad P/W).  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

The "app" has started showing me the Disney screen, and I use the tiny "x" in the corner to bypass it.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7