Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V2.0.1.4 Newer than 2.1.2.18?

mealto
Star

V2.0.1.4 Newer than 2.1.2.18?

After the issues with FW afer 2.1, rolling back to 2.0.0.74 made things VERY stable again. Then Netgear pulled any auto firmware updates and loved having a stable Wifi system again. Noticed a few days ago, there was a warning with a new update. Looks like 2.0.1.4 is now the latest FW. Let's hope this keeps things stable for more customers!

Message 1 of 10
webminster
Luminary

Re: V2.0.1.4 Newer than 2.1.2.18?

YMMV, of course.   For me it's been as stable as .74 (e.g., no major issues), and far better than 2.1.x.

Message 2 of 10
mealto
Star

2.0.1.4 has been pretty good for a few days. Let's hope this keeps up.

I am still not brave enough to enable these though.

Implicit BEAMFORMING

MU-MIMO

Enable Fast Roaming

Anyone enabled all of these for 2.0.1.4 yet?

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I would leave them alone until next FW update. 

If you do get brave, just enable one feature at a time and see what happens. You can always go back and disable it. 

Message 4 of 10
mealto
Star

@FURRYe38wrote:

I would leave them alone until next FW update. 

If you do get brave, just enable one feature at a time and see what happens. You can always go back and disable it. 

In addition to courage, it is also wasted time based on the last few updates. Did too much testing on something that cost THIS much and it freaking breaks... Hoping someone else can spend more time on testing and report back. I am a little fed up with spending $500 and having to fix this darn thing recently. The first few months were rock solid.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand Sir. 

You can revert back to v14 if needed or you feel the need to. If any of the suggestions stablize whats currently loaded or you seem to be stable. Leave it for now. Give some of the suggestions a try next. 

I presume NG is working on next FW release. Just hope it fixes what they broke in last version. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 10
mealto
Star

@FURRYe38wrote:

Understand Sir. 

You can revert back to v14 if needed or you feel the need to. If any of the suggestions stablize whats currently loaded or you seem to be stable. Leave it for now. Give some of the suggestions a try next. 

I presume NG is working on next FW release. Just hope it fixes what they broke in last version. Smiley Frustrated

For sure NG is doing something. They pulled the latest FW update last week or so and made a lesser number V2.0.1.4 being listed as newer than 2.1.2.18. They know something is up. Shame that such good hardware is hindered by software!

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Next FW update should be good. We all hope. 

Message 8 of 10
mealto
Star

@FURRYe38wrote:

Next FW update should be good. We all hope. 

At this point, I am not even sure you are a real NG customer. Quoting a FW that is .14 does not exist and saying the next release may be better. The next release is already out lol. Yikes.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, sorry, was a typo. I meant v1.4 =v2.0.1.4

http://netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation