Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi/wired problem RBK50

RO2B
Tutor

WiFi/wired problem RBK50

So, installed the Orbi after the cable modem (in bridge) with some wired devices. One is a Denon AVR with a static IP.
Also different WiFi connecties devices such as Samsung galaxy S10e en IPhone 6s (all dhcp).
Allmost everytime the S10e goes on WiFi the music turns of at the Denon for aprox. 30 seconds. With the S6s it happens only once in a while.

What could be wrong. I’m desperate 😔
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark our thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@RO2B wrote:

Problem solved.

It was a hidden netgear router which causes the problem. I disconnected it and it's all oke now.

So if you install a new router be asure that all the "old" netgear stuf is out of the wirde network.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Appreciate it if you can make some clarifications:

• So Orbi is in Router Mode and the ISP router is bridged, right?
  • If Orbi in Router mode, what DHCP address range do you have set?
  • The Denon AVR is wired to Orbi, right?
  • The Denon AVR has a static IP address set on the Denon or in Orbi? What is the static IP address?
  • Do you have any DHCP address reservations set in Orbi for the phones?
  • I guess your're saying that you're streaming music from the Denon to the phones and music stops when the the phone moves from mobile network (4G) to wifi, is that correct? what is the traffic case please?
Message 2 of 8
theoak
Luminary

Do your phones pair with your AVR?  Hence, your AVR is playing over your speakers, and then when your phone devices get in range, it pairs and sends the music to those devices.  This happens to my wife with her car from time to time.  Her phone will pair with the car, not realizing it.  A call comes in and all of the sudden she hears the speakers on the car ringing.

Message 3 of 8
RO2B
Tutor

Hi Ekhalil,

Hereby the answers.

So Orbi is in Router Mode and the ISP router is bridged, right?
YES

If Orbi in Router mode, what DHCP address range do you have set?
standard by orbi: 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.248

The Denon AVR is wired to Orbi, right?
YES

The Denon AVR has a static IP address set on the Denon or in Orbi? What is the static IP address?

Do you have any DHCP address reservations set in Orbi for the phones?
NO

I guess your're saying that you're streaming music from the Denon to the phones and music stops when the the phone moves from mobile network (4G) to wifi, is that correct?
NO, the AVR plays while we are using the HEOS app. So it works through WiFi -> wired network -> AVR (it don’t work with G4). It was working before ORBI (my old WiFi/wired network)

what is the traffic case please?
I don’t understand this question.
Message 4 of 8
RO2B
Tutor

No, its not a pairing isue. We are using the HEOS app. It was working in my old WiFi/wired network.
Message 5 of 8
RO2B
Tutor

Problem solved.

It was a hidden netgear router which causes the problem. I disconnected it and it's all oke now.

So if you install a new router be asure that all the "old" netgear stuf is out of the wirde network.

Message 6 of 8
ekhalil
Master

Great! Glad to know the issue is solved!

Good luck!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark our thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@RO2B wrote:

Problem solved.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7