Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will a Orbi RBR50 with two Satellites work with a Orbi CBK40

agiem
Aspirant

Will a Orbi RBR50 with two Satellites work with a Orbi CBK40

I am looking to replace the modem I currently rent from my cable company (Optimum). When I originally purchased my Orbi RBR50 & two satellites the CBK40 was not available. What I am wondering is can I replace my current cable company modem with the Orbi CBK40 and then use the RBR50 as a satellite along with the other satellites? 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Will a Orbi RBR50 with two Satellites work with a Orbi CBK40

No, the RBR50 can only work as the main base router or AP. Not as a satellite. I recommend if you already have the RBR50 system, keep it and get a stand alone cable modem, NG has CM### series of modems as well as other brands available. Check with your ISP first to see what they support and allow on there system.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No, the RBR50 can only work as the main base router or AP. Not as a satellite. I recommend if you already have the RBR50 system, keep it and get a stand alone cable modem, NG has CM### series of modems as well as other brands available. Check with your ISP first to see what they support and allow on there system.

Message 2 of 4
agiem
Aspirant

Thank You. This is just the answer I was looking for.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements