Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: contemplating orbi purchase

juniormint88
Tutor

contemplating orbi purchase

I am considering purchasing the Orbi. I just upgraded internet to AT&T gigapower and would like to take advantage of the higher speeds. My house is not wired for ethernet (another option I am considering) and I would how fast the Orbi performs.

concerns: user experience - i've seen where netgear is lacking in this area as far as the mobile interface and features compared to other products like eero and luma. 

support - you also have to pay for support after 90 days (correct?) is this common among competitors?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
Streak2
Master

I also have AT&T 48mbps Uverse.

Since installing Orbi I now have full coverage throughout my home most of the time speedtest showing in excess of 50mbps even in areas where we had no coverage before.

So, no complaints about the speed.

I have not had a reason to use the mobile app. or Netgear support so cant comment on either.

Message 2 of 4
MarkC1024
Luminary

I'm very happy myself  - so far.  Great coverage and it works well for my needs.  You do have to accept that it is new, and like most new things these days they are not perfect out of the gate.  Negear has been making updates so I feel like they are working to address issues that surface.  I'd say go into understanding that you'll need to stay on top of the firmware updates, and you may hit a few snags as these things get worked out.  The concept is solid and so far it's a great solution.

Message 3 of 4
juniormint88
Tutor

I bought mine tonight. Initial setup was fast. I have noticed my xbox one speed tests don't show much performance in download throughput, upload is 100 Mbps+. Anyone else see this with Xbox?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7