Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhone XR won't connect to Orbi satellite

hemrosie
Aspirant

iPhone XR won't connect to Orbi satellite

One of my kids has an iPhone XR and it won't connect to our Orbi satellite. It does work fine with our Orbi router. A few weeks ago I used the Orbi app to "pause" access to the router (or the satellite). Since then, lack of connection to the satellite has been a persistant problem. I've read other posts and have enabled fast roaming, beamforming, and MU-MIMO... and I've diabled daisy chain. I'm hoping someone in the community can help me troubleshoot... or perhaps has the the magic answer!  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: iPhone XR won't connect to Orbi satellite

@hemrosie wrote:

One of my kids has an iPhone XR and it won't connect to our Orbi satellite. It does work fine with our Orbi router. A few weeks ago I used the Orbi app to "pause" access to the router (or the satellite). Since then, lack of connection to the satellite has been a persistant problem. I've read other posts and have enabled fast roaming, beamforming, and MU-MIMO... and I've diabled daisy chain. I'm hoping someone in the community can help me troubleshoot... or perhaps has the the magic answer!  Thank you.

Have you tried this:

• Open the Orbi web interface with a web browser (http://orbilogin.net)
  • Verify that the iPhone is "Allowed" on the Attached Devices screen.
    If that screen shows that "Access Control" is "ON", go to the Advanced Tab, Security, Access Control and turn it off (at least for now).
  • Power off the satellites.
  • Reboot the Orbi router.
  • Power on the Orbi satellites.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@hemrosie wrote:

Have you tried this:

• Open the Orbi web interface with a web browser (http://orbilogin.net)
  • Verify that the iPhone is "Allowed" on the Attached Devices screen.
    If that screen shows that "Access Control" is "ON", go to the Advanced Tab, Security, Access Control and turn it off (at least for now).
  • Power off the satellites.
  • Reboot the Orbi router.
  • Power on the Orbi satellites.

Message 2 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@hemrosie wrote:

Also try: Go to the Iphone XR and forget the WIFI network. Then find it again and re-signin.  

Message 3 of 4
hemrosie
Aspirant

Thank you @CrimpOn ! Your solution worked! Have a great day.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7