Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear orbi triband rbk 50

sdspa
Aspirant

netgear orbi triband rbk 50

I am likely going to buy the Netgear Orbi triband for FIOS.   I live in a medium sized house, 3 floors.  The router is on the middle floor all the way to the right (towards back yard). If I connect the netgear router on the first floor (right side of house) where should I put the satalite?  Upstairs left side of house, basement left side of house or same floor left side of the house? 

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Re: netgear orbi triband rbk 50

Have you seen this description: https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite I hope it helps!
Message 2 of 5
sdspa
Aspirant

The picture shows router bottom floor and satellite on main floor. Since my router is on the main floor should I put satellite in the basement?
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

@sdspa wrote:

I am likely going to buy the Netgear Orbi triband for FIOS.   I live in a medium sized house, 3 floors.  The router is on the middle floor all the way to the right (towards back yard). If I connect the netgear router on the first floor (right side of house) where should I put the satalite?  Upstairs left side of house, basement left side of house or same floor left side of the house? 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

If all floors have the same size and building material, then I would guess it's the same if you put the satellite in the basement or the upper floor.

The main thing is to have the satellite around 30 ft from the router if you will use wireless backhaul.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7