Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi has to go!

Slider200
Aspirant

orbi has to go!

well, because the sporadic " live view" on all three devices(echo show, iphone 11 and fire tv), I packaged up the Orbi RBR10 ( the model field when posting this required a model number, however my RBR10 didnt appear as an option, so I seleced RBR20)and will go with just my modem/router combo supplied by my ISP.

I did give the Orbi a chance however, because it got my RSSI to -45 or so, which was great. The doorbell worked, alerted my on apple watch, iphone and echo show(assuming I was home) but the live view seldom worked, and there was no pattern as to whether it worked or not....may work on the phone and a minute later not on the echo show. So because of that I am back to just the supplied modem, and since yesterday everytime I tried to access live view it worked flawlessley......wish I could figure it out...clearly an Orbi issue for sure.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
vajim
Master

Re: orbi has to go!

What kind of modem were you trying to run with the orbi?

Message 2 of 8
Slider200
Aspirant

Arris, not sure of the exact model of Arris.....

Message 3 of 8
vajim
Master

@Slider200 wrote:

Arris, not sure of the exact model of Arris.....

If it has WiFi built in that will require special configuration of the orbi 

Message 4 of 8
Slider200
Aspirant

it does however when I hooked up the Orbi I disabled the wifi in the modem.

Message 5 of 8
vajim
Master

Perhaps this will help

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Another option is to get a straight up modem approved by your isp and get away from that double router scenario 

Message 6 of 8
Slider200
Aspirant

Thank for the reccomendations. at this point I dont know if I want to set it all back up again, without being sure it will in fact work, but in realityhow else will I know,lol. I will netgear would come out with some sort of update or a fix, becuase many have this issue for sure.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
vajim
Master

Good luck

I would keep the orbi and see if you can get it to work 

if your isp is ok with you getting a regular modem with no built in WiFi that's what I would do.  There are others in here that run the orbi with another router or modem with WiFi built in with no problems. So it can be done.  For me I never understood why anyone would do that unless you tons of devices or you're providing WiFi for your entire neighborhood and even you'd be restricted by the network plan or the pipe you're on.  Hang it there once you get the orbi running you won't look back.  

one other thought,...it could be firmware related after you figure out the double router issue. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7