× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update

Arjan25
Aspirant

Firmware update

Hello,

I`m living in Holland, so my Englisch is not very good.

Butt i have a question about my new switch.

There are new firmware versions butt i dont now how to update them.

I have to log in on 192.168.0.439, butt it won`t work with wifi or cable.

Can somebuttie tell me how to update my switch?

I download the latest version of the firmware.

I'm trying to do it, as described in the manual   https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS105EV2/WebManagedSwitches_UM_EN.pdf                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Greetz Arjan
Model: GS105Ev2|ProSafe Plus 5 ports switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Arjan25
Aspirant

Good afternoon, The problem has been solved. I have been in contact with Netgear support and I made a mistake with connecting my TP Link deco. I knew I had to connect it to the modem first and only then to the switch, but I still did it the other way around. This changed and then I could log in and install the latest firmware. Greetings Arjan

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hallo Arjan,

A typical default IP address would be 192.168.0.239 (.439 is outside of the IPv4 address range). However, if these switches are started while connected to a network, a DHCP client will request a valid IP address for your network, typically from the DHCP server on your Internet router.

You can use the Netgear Switch Discover Tool (NSDT) to discoer the switch and it's real and current IP address on your network.

An alternate approach is to look into the router connected devices or DHCP table for the switch MAC address (see the label on the device) and the associated IP address.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 6
Arjan25
Aspirant

Hallo Kurt,

I`m sorry it was 192.168.0.239 that won`t work.
I already used this program before opening this topic. But even with the given ip address, login is not possible.
There is also an ip address on the switch, but unfortunately that doesn't work either, I already tried that yesterday.
Why has this way of updating been made so difficult?

Greetz Arjan

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Is the switch connected to your local network and the Internet router, or is it connected direct to your PC?

It's not difficult to update - however, to establish a communication by IPv4, the switch IP address must be in the same IP subnet like at least one connected computer adapter.

Message 4 of 6
Arjan25
Aspirant

Good afternoon, The problem has been solved. I have been in contact with Netgear support and I made a mistake with connecting my TP Link deco. I knew I had to connect it to the modem first and only then to the switch, but I still did it the other way around. This changed and then I could log in and install the latest firmware. Greetings Arjan
Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Great, thank you for the update!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements