× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108TV3 getting automatically disconnected

muRe
Aspirant

GS108TV3 getting automatically disconnected

I have bought two netgear GS108TV3 Switch. First some of LAG changes to Admin-Disable, and I manually change them. But then both of them losing connection within few hours. One of them works well with factory reset mode, but the other stops working even in factory reset mode. I have configured nothing but VLAN and even the trunk port doesn't get connection and only possible way to enter GUI is by changing the PC ip address according to standard gateway. But first few hours everything works just fine also GUI access. My LAG configuration is 

Admin : Enable
Autonegotiation: Enable
Speed: Auto
Link Trap: Disable

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Model: GS308T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108TV3 getting automatically disconnected

Operating a LAG wit two or more ports for the switch-switch trunk, and/or operating more LAG for connecting additional devices?

Tell us more about the intended LAG config please.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
muRe
Aspirant

I have a follow-up question. How do I edit or delete a post? I made a typo and don't know how to edit it. My 2nd sentence is making no sense. What I meant is, after the installation ports are getting disconnected one by one, and it shows in the LAG option "Admin = Disabled", so I tried to enable them manually. But within few hours, the whole system collapses.  

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Operating a LAG wit two or more ports for the switch-switch trunk, and/or operating more LAG for connecting additional devices?

Tell us more about the intended LAG config please.
Message 3 of 5
muRe
Aspirant

I just want to use the VLAN to isolate the port,s so my devices don't communicate with each other. The LAG configaration I didn't even touch. It is in default mode. I have just created VLAN. And it works perfectly for a couple of hours. Then I even lose the connection to the trunk port. Do I have to change anything in LAG configaration?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

No need to touch the default (non-configured) LAG.

Show us more details about your VLAN config, the port configuration.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements