× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS110TPv3 VLAN Isolation

msr86
Tutor

GS110TPv3 VLAN Isolation

I have limited networking knowledge but I am looking to purchase a switch that has the capability to isolate traffic on different ports. This is an outline of my requirement:

Ports 1 - 6 on one VLAN have full access to the rest of the network and internet provided by the uplink port

Ports 7 - 8 on a separate VLAN for a communications system which does not and should not have access to the rest of the network and internet.

Can I achieve this with a switch such as the Smart w/ optional Cloud (GS110TPv3) ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS110TPv3 VLAN Isolation

If "separate" does not imply a two physically independent network, and it does mean just two (or more) individual VLANs, yes. Welcome to the Netgear Community!

Either way, I will have to request a moderator moving your thread, as this isn't a Managed Switch. A GS110TPv3 is formally a Smart Switch with optional Cloud, so it belongs to the Plus And Smart Switches Forum section to discuss Smart Switches (T) and Plus Switches (E), including Local and Remote Management.

Message 2 of 3
msr86
Tutor

Re: GS110TPv3 VLAN Isolation

As long as the communications VLAN can be isolated from the other network as well as all external/internet traffic, that's what I am looking to achieve.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements