× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS324v2 Switch not giving Gigabit speed

user45inUSA
Follower

GS324v2 Switch not giving Gigabit speed

I recently set up a home network during a remodel. Ran cat6 cable all over and bought the Netgear GS324v2 24 port unmanaged switch to run everything through. I've got Century Link Gigabit Fiber. The port ive got the fiber coming into shows Green for 1000mbps as well as the port ive got a wireless mesh plugged into upstairs, also showing green. Every other device ive got plugged into, the ports are yellow and speed tests show being capped at 100mbps. All my cat6 is testing good. Do I need to change something in my isp router config to get those ports to open up to gigabit speeds? I am at my wits end and I am not entirely tech savvy anymore these days. PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS324v2 Switch not giving Gigabit speed

@user45inUSA wrote:

The port ive got the fiber coming into shows Green for 1000mbps as well as the port ive got a wireless mesh plugged into upstairs, also showing green.

Every other device ive got plugged into, the ports are yellow and speed tests show being capped at 100mbps.

When temporary moving the known working 1000mbps connections to other ports, are these showing green for 1000 mbps?

If yes ...

@user45inUSA wrote:

Every other device ive got plugged into, the ports are yellow and speed tests show being capped at 100mbps.

...are the other connected devices Gifabit Ethernet capable?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements