× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to upgrade firmware on my old GS716T v2

fleggett
Aspirant

How to upgrade firmware on my old GS716T v2

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my GS716T v2 Switch. I cannot discover the switch using SmartControl Center. I can discover it with SmartWizard Discovery. I can also log into the web GUI.

Inside the WebGui I cannot find any indication of the current firmware version only the Software Version, currently 4.2.1.5 and the Boot Version 5.0.3.2.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware using HTTP download from the WebGUI but the Software and Boot Versions have stayed the same and there is no indication as to whether the firmware has been updated.

My question is from the WebGUI how do I find out what version of the Firmware I have?

How do I upgrade the firmware using the SmartWizard as it doesn't appear to work and I can't find a How to Guide or Video for the SmartWizard Discovery?

Model: GS716Tv2|16 ports ProSafe Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
fleggett
Aspirant

Re: How to upgrade firmware on my old GS716T v2

I have managed to update the firmware.

Step 1. use SmartWizard, then when you have upgraded to 5.0 then use SmartControl to upgrade to latest version. When using SmartControl you need to check the Task tab to see it uploading.

Reboot switch after every successful firmware upload.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
fleggett
Aspirant

I have found on the SmartWizard panel that there is details of the firmware if you move the slider over.

I have also found that if I enter the Switch Password into the Upgrade Password box and click Apply then click Start Upgrade the firmware updates.

Message 2 of 3
fleggett
Aspirant

I have managed to update the firmware.

Step 1. use SmartWizard, then when you have upgraded to 5.0 then use SmartControl to upgrade to latest version. When using SmartControl you need to check the Task tab to see it uploading.

Reboot switch after every successful firmware upload.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements