× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524E-200EUS - Web management interface

giorgiop
Aspirant

JGS524E-200EUS - Web management interface

Hello,

I've just installed your switch Netgear JGS524E-200EUS ProSafe Switch Web Managed. Referring to the name I guess it should allow me to manage it through a web interface but the only istructions I found refer to the utility to be installaed on a windows machine.

I've no windows machines in my network and I don't want to install one, thus please could you provide me instructions on how to access the switch's web interface?

Thanks,

GIorgio

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
giorgiop
Aspirant

Re: JGS524E-200EUS - Web management interface

Hello Dane,

I solved the problem.

The problem was due to the fact that I've first connected the switch to the power cable and only after a few time I connected the LAN cables.

In this way it didn't find the DHCP in the first minute thus it tooks its default IP addres and that's why I did't see it in the network.

To solve the problem I've turned it off and on again so it took the address from my dhcp and in this way I was able to access the web interface.

Thank you very much.

Giorgio

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi giorgiop,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

You can manage the JGS524Ev2 switch via its web-GUI using a browser such as Chrome or Safari.  By the way, JGS524E-200EUS is the product code of JGS524Ev2 in Europe.  

The JGS524Ev2 switch has a default IP address of 192.168.0.239.  To access its web-GUI, connect a PC directly to any port of the JGS524Ev2.  Then, assign a static IP Address of 192.168.0.210 on the PC.  Open a browser then type 192.168.0.239 on the address bar and press Enter.   Type "admin" and "password" for the username and password respectively without the quotation marks to login to the switch.  I advise you to change the default IP address of the JGS524Ev2 switch taht is within the IP range of your existing network for ease of access.  

Kindly refer to pages 7-8 of the JGS524Ev2 user manual here on how to access its web-GUI as well as read the other topics on how to manage it.    

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@giorgiop,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have questions.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
giorgiop
Aspirant

Hello Dane,

I solved the problem.

The problem was due to the fact that I've first connected the switch to the power cable and only after a few time I connected the LAN cables.

In this way it didn't find the DHCP in the first minute thus it tooks its default IP addres and that's why I did't see it in the network.

To solve the problem I've turned it off and on again so it took the address from my dhcp and in this way I was able to access the web interface.

Thank you very much.

Giorgio

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@giorgiop,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad to know that you were able to access the web interface of your JGS524Ev2 switch. 🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements