× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524PE how to show mac address forwarding table

davemc50
Tutor

JGS524PE how to show mac address forwarding table

The web interface for JGS524PE is clean and simple.

A bit too simple perhaps?

How can I see the mac address forwarding table?

The switch obviously knows this, would be nice for web interface to show it on a tab.

If I can't see this, I can't figure out which devices are connected to which ports, so I can't remotely troubleshoot layer 2 issues, or ask remote staff to make cable changes.

Yes I could port mirror, and figure it out, but seems a lot of extra work.

Can I do some sort of remote STP query on the switch?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: JGS524PE how to show mac address forwarding table

Hi davemc50,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

There is no option in the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility on how to check the MAC address table as well as remote STP query on it.  However, you may post this as a feature request for the JGS524PE switch at the Idea Exchange board here. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: JGS524PE how to show mac address forwarding table

Hi davemc50,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

There is no option in the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility on how to check the MAC address table as well as remote STP query on it.  However, you may post this as a feature request for the JGS524PE switch at the Idea Exchange board here. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements