× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smallest switch that supports Link Aggregation

playplay
Tutor

Smallest switch that supports Link Aggregation

Hi guys,

I'l looking for a small 5 ports ethernet switch that supports Link Aggregation for redudancy (I am on Mac).

The GS305E looks perfect for my needs but I found opposite informations online whether it does LACP or not. Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
playplay
Tutor

Re: Smallest switch that supports Link Aggregation

After talking multiple times online with Netgear's support it loks like no 5-ports handle LACP so I'm going to get the 8-ports GS308T.

This is the most portable ethernet switch that does LACP.

Thank youy guys for your heklp!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you look up the data sheet for the GS305E, it doesn't support link aggregation. 

Message 2 of 5
playplay
Tutor

Thank you @plemans . Which one would you recommend then keeping in mind size is of the essence here?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@playplay wrote:

I'l looking for a small 5 ports ethernet switch that supports Link Aggregation for redudancy (I am on Mac).

The GS305E looks perfect for my needs but I found opposite informations online whether it does LACP or not. Can someone help me?

Both the GS305E Tech Specs and the GS308E Tech Specs in the Web as well as the GS305E and GS308E Data Sheet are "correct" and fit your observation:

===

L2 Services - AVAILABILITY
Link Aggregation/ Port Trunking: No 
Number of Static Manual LAGs and # of members: N/A
===

@IphieChen plase - what's the point here? These switches were announced with lin aggregation LACP support.

FMI: Idea Exchange for Business - Link Aggregation for GS308E 

Message 4 of 5
playplay
Tutor

After talking multiple times online with Netgear's support it loks like no 5-ports handle LACP so I'm going to get the 8-ports GS308T.

This is the most portable ethernet switch that does LACP.

Thank youy guys for your heklp!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements