× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Web interface not responding on JGS524E

ITSGPete
Aspirant

Web interface not responding on JGS524E

Repurposing a JGS524E switch after several years of service.  Did a factory reset, direct connected a laptop with IP of 192.168.0.100.  I could ping the 192.168.0.239 address, but the web interface will not open. Tried 3 different browsers, no response.

Downloaded and installed the ProSafe Plus configuration utility. It found the switch, I set an IP address for my local network and left all the other settings as the defaults.  Same result, I can ping the new address, but web interface will not open.

Downloaded and installed the latest firmware, still will not respond.

I can use the configuration utility to connect without a problem.

I do not know if the Web interface EVER worked, I had never tried connecting to it previously.

I searched for a setting to enable/disable HTTP access, but couldn't find one. I also didn't see any mention of a setting like that in the documentation.

So, what am I missing here?

Model: JGS524E|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabit switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ITSGPete,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It seems that the JGS524E switch you have is a JGS524Ev1 (v = version).  The JGS524Ev1 does not have a web-GUI.  It can only be manage using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility. 

The JGS524Ev2 switch can be managed either via its web-GUI or by using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility. 

As reference, kindly check the respective data sheets for the JGS524Ev1 and JGS524Ev2 below.  Notice on page 7 of the JGS524Ev2 data sheet, it states on the Management section that it can be both managed via Web browser-based management GUI and PC Utility (ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility). 

JGS524Ev1 Data Sheet

JGS524Ev2 Data Sheet

If ever your concern has been addressed and resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ITSGPete,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It seems that the JGS524E switch you have is a JGS524Ev1 (v = version).  The JGS524Ev1 does not have a web-GUI.  It can only be manage using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility. 

The JGS524Ev2 switch can be managed either via its web-GUI or by using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility. 

As reference, kindly check the respective data sheets for the JGS524Ev1 and JGS524Ev2 below.  Notice on page 7 of the JGS524Ev2 data sheet, it states on the Management section that it can be both managed via Web browser-based management GUI and PC Utility (ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility). 

JGS524Ev1 Data Sheet

JGS524Ev2 Data Sheet

If ever your concern has been addressed and resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
ITSGPete
Aspirant

Guess that would be the reason then.  I'll stick with the Utility program then, thanks for the quick response.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements