× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS728T ProSAFE 28-Port 10-Gigabit L2+ Smart Switch - PORT 9-24 is not working

RabGarcia
Aspirant

XS728T ProSAFE 28-Port 10-Gigabit L2+ Smart Switch - PORT 9-24 is not working

Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask why does my Netgear switch XS728T ports are not woking?
The first problem I have encountered is clients(workstations) with 10GB PCIE card are not detecting as 10GB. It was only detected as 1GB.

Then after I fix it by "cable test" another problem occur. Which is the ports from 9-24 are not working even I move the working cable from port 7 to 9. Port is dead.

Software Version:  6.5.1.42

Model: XS728T|Prosafe 28 ports 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: XS728T ProSAFE 28-Port 10-Gigabit L2+ Smart Switch - PORT 9-24 is not working

Backup the config, do a factory reset just in case, and retry.

If the issue retains, there is a hardware issue. Assuming you are the original buyer, your switch is under limited lifetime warranty. Head to https://my.netgear.com , ensure the switch is registered, then -> My Support -> [Contact Support] -> Replace my defective product anf follow the guidance.

Message 2 of 5
RabGarcia
Aspirant

Re: XS728T ProSAFE 28-Port 10-Gigabit L2+ Smart Switch - PORT 9-24 is not working

Thank you for the quick reply.
I already reset the switch today, but the problem still occur.
You might be right that this is hardware issue. But how come last night it works well?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Impossible to say. 

Message 4 of 5
RabGarcia
Aspirant

Okay, thanks mate!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements