× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to set password after firmware upgrade

alexishuxley
Aspirant

unable to set password after firmware upgrade

I have applied firmware update 2.6.0.48 on a Gs116Ev2 16-port managed switch. Immediately after the upgrade, when I connect to the switch's web interface I get the message:

Change Admin Password

As a security requirement, you must change the default admin password.

Password must be 6-20 characters, and contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one numeral. Allowed symbols are !@#$%^&*()

Each time I enter a compliant password (stupid example: "Password999!") the same message is displayed again with the "Password must ..." line displayed in red. I am unable to set a password or, more importantly, bypass this dialogue. Advice appreciated!

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: unable to set password after firmware upgrade

@alexishuxley,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues changing the password of your switch. Please try to reset it first to factory default after the firmware upgrade and then test if you are going to receive the same error.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alexishuxley,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues changing the password of your switch. Please try to reset it first to factory default after the firmware upgrade and then test if you are going to receive the same error.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
alexishuxley
Aspirant

That fixed it, many thanks!

Alexis

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies