× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear plp 1200 cutting out my internet after 3 months

BoothTrush
Aspirant

Netgear plp 1200 cutting out my internet after 3 months

It's been 3 months since I purchased the plp 1200 powerline adaptors and until this morning today they worked almost flawlessly, but this morning when I woke up the internet wouldn't stop cutting out and in whenever I hooked the powerline adaptor up again
Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netgear plp 1200 cutting out my internet after 3 months

You could try resetting the plugs to their out-of-the box state and setting things up again.

I know that's a lame "Who knows what to do?" answer, but it can work and you lose nothing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi BoothTrush,

Do you have stable connection from the router?

How far is the 2nd adapter from the 1st adapter? Try relocating it.

Message 2 of 6
BoothTrush
Aspirant

Yes, The connection has been working fine up till now and I am one floor from the router and have tried changing locations a few times.

Another thing I forgot to clarify is that it is not just the my connection with the adaptor that gets lost, but the internet in my entire house that loses connection, the adapter all of a sudden seems to mess with my router.

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 3 of 6

You could try resetting the plugs to their out-of-the box state and setting things up again.

I know that's a lame "Who knows what to do?" answer, but it can work and you lose nothing.

Message 4 of 6
BoothTrush
Aspirant

Sorry for the delayed update, but After fiddleing with the reset buttons I seemed to get it to work again fine, but I gotta say those fectory reset buttons are weird, and I still don't really know how they work.

Thanks for your help,

BoothTrush

Message 5 of 6

Weird indeed. Not even a button as most of us would know it.

But glad it worked out.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7