× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP1000 with Virgin Media, constantly disconnecting ethernet connection

gavcav
Follower

PLP1000 with Virgin Media, constantly disconnecting ethernet connection

I have 3 plp1000's used to connect a SMART TV  and 2 Desktop PC's to the internet via ethernet. They have been working faultlessly up until a few weeks ago. Since then they have been causing problems connecting my devices to the internet via ethernet...constantly disconnecting and when connected they are extremely slow and causing hanging.The PLP's are fine as i have tried them at family memebers homes using a different ISP.

I have a suspicion that Virgin Media have changed something which is causing their Hub 3 to affect ethernet connections? I have checked all devices using wifi and they work faultlessly..has anyone else had similar problems or got any ideas ?

Regs Gav

Message 1 of 3

Re: PLP1000 with Virgin Media, constantly disconnecting ethernet connection

@gavcav wrote:

I have a suspicion that Virgin Media have changed something which is causing their Hub 3 to affect ethernet connections? I have checked all devices using wifi and they work faultlessly..has anyone else had similar problems or got any ideas ?

Hard to see how changes on the hub can affect the Powerline network. It is effectively just a dumb wire with minimal intervention on the part of the router.

A more likely event might be something new plugged into the mains circuit that is creating noise. Plugged in any new toys lately?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: PLP1000 with Virgin Media, constantly disconnecting ethernet connection

@michaelkenward knows what they're doing with powerline. 

And more than likely right. Its doubtful that the hub is causing the issue. 

Its more likely related to something in your powerline system thats injecting interference. 

things that can cause issues:

surge protectors

gfci outlets

arc fault outlets

electronics going bad

cheap cell phone chargers

old/bad wiring

high draw appliances

Basically if it was working fine before and it works fine at other people places, I'd be looking at what devices you have plugged into your network. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7