× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000 LAN access

PittMarson
Aspirant

PLW1000 LAN access

Hi !

I bought and successfully installed a PLW1000 to extend my network with PLC.
I understood later that it's not a repeater or an extender.

The basic use is working fine.

However, I'm trying to set up a peculiar LAN architecture and get stucked because devices on my main LAN can't communicate with the ones connected on the PLW1000.
It seems that the PLW1000 creates its own LAN.

I'm opened to any technicity level and type of solution (UNIX command line configuration is not a problem), but of course I'd rather avoid open internet access to my devices.

Is there any possibility configure some gate to make my devices (NFSs, media centers...) talk to each others ?

Thanks in advance for your attention !

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 4

Re: PLW1000 LAN access

However, I'm trying to set up a peculiar LAN architecture and get stucked because devices on my main LAN can't communicate with the ones connected on the PLW1000.

Wifi connect or LAN connect?

Tell us a bit more about the rest of the network.

Message 2 of 4
PittMarson
Aspirant

Re : PLW1000 LAN access

Some devices are connected to my main router via WiFi, others by ethernet, and all belong to the same local network. On my PLW1000 I wish to connect my devices only via WiFi.
My devices are raspberry pi (either publishing NAS or consuming them), PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.

My main router is a French dsl box : Orange Livebox Play.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
PittMarson
Aspirant

Re : PLW1000 LAN access

Sorry to put this message back on top, can someone please tell me if it's possible or not ?

I was too fast buying this, I'm sure it suits many people needs, but I'll return it if I don't see any solution to my unique LAN need.

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7