× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED 1 steady red 1 steady green

BK8890
Follower

Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED 1 steady red 1 steady green

I just installed the two PLP2000 adapters.  The one that is hard wired into my router has a green Pick a Port LED but the remote one is red.  Is this how it should be or should the colors on both be the same?

I also downloaded the ZyXEL utility that I say talked about on this forum.  Installed it, launched it, but it doesn't recognize my devices.  Is there some way to configure them so they are recognized?

Thanks

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED 1 steady red 1 steady green

@BK8890 wrote:

I just installed the two PLP2000 adapters.  The one that is hard wired into my router has a green Pick a Port LED but the remote one is red.  Is this how it should be or should the colors on both be the same?

The Pick a Port LED changes colour depending on the quality of the link over the mains.

There is a manual for the PLP2000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> PLP2000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See the section LED Descriptions.

To check that this is a mains issue rather than dodgy plugs, put the "remote" plug somewhere near to the router. All being well, the LED will change to something "faster".

You can set up the plugs int his way and then, when it is working as expected, more the remote plug to where you want to use it. It will remember its settings.

Remember, the Ethernet LED on the remote plug will not light up until you plug something into the LAN port.

@BK8890 wrote:

Installed it, launched it, but it doesn't recognize my devices.  Is there some way to configure them so they are recognized?

Does not recognise or does not see?

What do you want the utility to do? Most things are done more easily using the Netgear desktop genie.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7