× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline PL 1200 and PLP 1200 - can they be used together

KarenSam
Aspirant

Powerline PL 1200 and PLP 1200 - can they be used together

I have the Powerline Model PL 1200 connected to my (serivce provider installed) Comtrend Model AR-5319 and it is working well.  I want to add 2 more adapters for other TVs.  Since we live in a forest with "not great" internet coverage, I'd like to add the PLP 1200 adaptors to try to get the most out or our connection.  Will the PL and PLP devices work together - my PL 1200 instructions are from Oct 2015-doesn't say what generation it is?  Also, since there are no "additional adapters" for sale, I assume the Set of adapters sold, can each either be used as the main (connected to the internet service box) OR the receiving (connected to the TV/item) device.  Is that correct?    

Message 1 of 3

Re: Powerline PL 1200 and PLP 1200 - can they be used together

Most recent Powerline devices follow the AV standard, which means that you can mix different makes and different generations. The only issue if that if you add "1000" plugs to a network with "500" plugs they will talk to each other at the speed of the slowest plugs on the network.

When you do add plugs to an existing network, you should follow these instructions:

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Remember, you need only one "source" plug connected to the router.

One other thing to consider, in theory you can mix brands but it isn't always easy to get set them up.

Message 2 of 3
KarenSam
Aspirant

Re: Powerline PL 1200 and PLP 1200 - can they be used together

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7