× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline kills my DSL

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Powerline kills my DSL

Hello Community,

Since my provider changed from VDSL to Vectoring I basically can't use my NetGear Powerline hardware (AV 200).
Whenever a higher Bandwidth is required (like streaming videos) the DSL connection shuts down immediately.
The logfile from the FritzBox 7490 says the DSL connection is out of sync.
Whenever I use WiFi or a direct lan connection everything is fine and working.
So my question is, if there is any way to fix this issue. A workaround is to use a 15m extension cord and 15m lan cable to keep the Powerline adapter as far away from the FritzBox as possible and simply don't do things that require a "high" bandwidth.

Frimeware version: V0.2.1.7CE
FritzBox version: 6.83

BR
Gregor
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mcrs969
Luminary

Re: Powerline kills my DSL

Hi Gregor,

your phenomenon is basically looking like a "crosstalk" issue and in my honest opinion it should be located in your house electrical/phone connectivity.

If electrical wires run close to phone wires it is possible that the two frequences (powerline and phone) are crosstalking by shutting down temporarily the dsl connection.

I guess you need to shield or interevene on your house phone wirings.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

That's odd. Have you reset the plugs and set the network up from, scratch?

AV200 plugs are, of course, pretty ancient now, two generations behind the newer 500 and 1000 plugs. AV200 might not even match some Internet speeds.

Message 2 of 3
mcrs969
Luminary

Hi Gregor,

your phenomenon is basically looking like a "crosstalk" issue and in my honest opinion it should be located in your house electrical/phone connectivity.

If electrical wires run close to phone wires it is possible that the two frequences (powerline and phone) are crosstalking by shutting down temporarily the dsl connection.

I guess you need to shield or interevene on your house phone wirings.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7