× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wn3000rp

madhushan
Aspirant

Wn3000rp

i have a massive house that i need to extend the wireless. I can get one netgear WN3000RP to connect to the router and it works fine. But i now need to get another WN3000RP to connect to the first one and not the router, as it is too far out of reach. Is that possible?
I also have a multifunction AP from another manufacturer, and would also like to connect this to the WN3000RP. Is this possible? And if so - would it be AP/Bridge/Extender mode?
Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wn3000rp

just use same as how you connect first wn3000rp

2nd extender will connecto _ext SSID name of the wn3000rp wireless
Message 2 of 10
madhushan
Aspirant

Thanks. Have tried that. And it seems to connect.
But now that it is connected, i can't seem to get internet access on it when i am connected to it.
Any ideas?
Also, does it matter if the router is dhcp or wn300rp_1 and wn3000rp_2 are dhcp or static on the network?
Message 3 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

does it matter if the router is dhcp or wn300rp_1 and wn3000rp_2 are dhcp or static on the network?

would not make difference but I would eventually use static IP on extender outside of DHCP range

i can't seem to get internet access on it when i am connected to it.
Any ideas?

I would try having a PC side with ISP DNS plugged in
Message 4 of 10
madhushan
Aspirant

Have tried doing that, and have the 2 devices connected, but i am not getting any internet access when i have my device connected to wn3000rp_2, but does get internet when connected to wn3000rp_1. 2 connects to 1 to extend 1's network.
any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Message 5 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you mean DNS as well?
Message 6 of 10
madhushan
Aspirant

DNS and Gateway as well. Would it be the ip of wn3000rp_1? Or of the router?
Thanks.
Message 7 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Isp dns. 🙂
Message 8 of 10
madhushan
Aspirant

Ok...will have to test at home. I am currently testing the kit in the office behind a corporate firewall. The wn3000rp is connected to an AP which is connected to the internal network. We have a DHCP server (disabled on the AP). The AP has a static IP, outside the DHCP range. once wn3000rp_2 is connected to wn3000rp_1, i cannot connect to it via ethernet/pc and there is no internet access. I am guessing that somewhere down the line, there is IP/DNS/DG issues preventing me getting internet access.
Any more ideas/help?
Thanks.
M
Message 9 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

it would be to test at your home and corporate network which you don't have control of it. 🙂
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7