× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xav5001 AND xav5101 woun't communicate

bkv
Aspirant
Aspirant

xav5001 AND xav5101 woun't communicate

Hi

I have two XAV5001 and two XAV5101 and I cannot make the two device types work together.

When I run the Netgear Poweline Utility on my PC conneccted to the a XAV5001, it only sees the other XAV5001. Same when I connect my PC to a XAV5101, the software only sees the other XAV5010.

Can someone help me, please. I want to use all four devices on the same network.

-Bjorn
Message 1 of 7
hustletuff_21
Aspirant

This might be a problem with your circuit. Have you tried using the devices within the same room just to isolate your issue.

I do not experience the same issue.
Message 2 of 7
bkv
Aspirant
Aspirant

hustletuff_21 wrote:
This might be a problem with your circuit. Have you tried using the devices within the same room just to isolate your issue.

I do not experience the same issue.

Yes, I have tried them in the same room.
-Bjorn
Message 3 of 7
hustletuff_21
Aspirant

When you tried them on the same room are all the lights on the your devices lit. Try to check if the powerline LED is lit. If not, the devices are not communicating to each other. Try this first within the same room.
Message 4 of 7
bkv
Aspirant
Aspirant

hustletuff_21 wrote:
When you tried them on the same room are all the lights on the your devices lit. Try to check if the powerline LED is lit. If not, the devices are not communicating to each other. Try this first within the same room.

Hi, the Powerline led (the lamp in the middle) is not lit, the two others are.
-
Message 5 of 7
hustletuff_21
Aspirant

Hi, If the middle is not lit it means that the two devices is not communicating. You may try to contact support and you may troubleshoot it with them. It seems that your device is defective.
Message 6 of 7
Moxie_
Aspirant

I have the same problem. The XWN 5001 will not communicate with the XAV5201. The middle lights are out on both even when they are plugged in the same room. They worked fine for a couple of months and then one went out.

I talked to Netgear support at length trouble shooting the issue the first time and Netgear sent me another XWN5001. Again, they worked fine for a couple of months, but now won't communicate with each other.

My system is out of the 90 day warranty. Am I just out of luck? I'm afraid to replace the set for fear another will have the same issues. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Michelle
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7