Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud not loading in Google Chrome

Howste
Tutor

ReadyCloud not loading in Google Chrome

Just today noticed that the ReadyCloud login just endlessly loops a refresh once I attempt to login to the Ready cloud Web on Chrome browser. I switched to MSFT Edge and it logs in and accesses my data just fine. The VPN ReadyCloud Windows app works correctly as well. I was putting this out to see if there was a broader issue with Chrome access of ReadyCloud that I was not aware of? I have attempted to use mulitple machines and each one has Chrome issues just like mine.

OS 6.10.4

Ready NAS 214

Any updates/assistance would be appreciated...

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Howste
Tutor

Thanks for the additonal note as I was wondering if I was the only one!

After some troubleshooting and same fixes you mentioned (Cache, cookies, etc...) I decided to attempt a reinstallation of Chrome Browser.

I synced my Google account, uninstalled Chrome (ensuring I removed all data), and then reinstalled Chrome from the download provided by Google (quick search got me that). The ReadyCloud came right up with no additional issues, I downloaded the desktop app and was back up and running.

The only issue I have found is my users had to go back and do some minor tweaking of Chrome to get back to thier usual tasks, etc...

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Howste,

I tried this on our end and the ReadyCLOUD web portal works fine when I use Chrome. May I know the version of Chrome that you have?

Have you also tried clearing the cache and see if you will still have the same issue?

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Two other things you could try:

1. Launching a new incognito window in Chrome, and see if that has the same behavior.
  2. disabling any browser extensions you have running in Chrome.

Message 3 of 7
Howste
Tutor

Thanks for the replies!

Chome version:

Version 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have attempted the incognito option, disabling extensions, and clearing cache (pretty standard troubleshooting I've done). I've also attempted using Chrome from my partners computer and my client's computer as well as my smartphone chrome browser. All give the same result. But Microsoft Edge works fine as does the app.

I've also attempted a VPN so I was accessing through a different location in the US and outside the US. All give same issue. It just refrshes with "Loading the web page. Please wait." in an endless loop.

I have also attempted other Netgear ReadyCloud accounts, just in case it was account issue.

Message 4 of 7
dhirsch
Initiate

This started happening for us a couple of weeks ago and seems to relate to a Chrome update, as staff who have not yet upgraded Chrome can still use ReadyCloud. Edge currently works, but I am slightly nervous that that could stop too in due course, now that Edge uses the same architecture. 

The problem started for me on Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and persists following upgrade to Chrome Version 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I too have tried the various clear cache, cookies etc. suggestions, which make no difference. This seems like it relates specifically to a change in Chrome.

Message to Netgear Moderators: This would seem like a serious issue that needs escalation.

Message 5 of 7
Howste
Tutor

Thanks for the additonal note as I was wondering if I was the only one!

After some troubleshooting and same fixes you mentioned (Cache, cookies, etc...) I decided to attempt a reinstallation of Chrome Browser.

I synced my Google account, uninstalled Chrome (ensuring I removed all data), and then reinstalled Chrome from the download provided by Google (quick search got me that). The ReadyCloud came right up with no additional issues, I downloaded the desktop app and was back up and running.

The only issue I have found is my users had to go back and do some minor tweaking of Chrome to get back to thier usual tasks, etc...

Hope that helps!

Message 6 of 7
dhirsch
Initiate

Many thanks to you too for posting on this forum - when I first looked there was nothing on here which I thought was strange. Even now I am surprised that more people are not reporting this issue.

For anybody still having problems I thought I would add to Howste's post to say that the first time I did the Chrome reinstall the problem did not go away, because I did not remove all data - there was an option on the uninstall to remove browsing data, but that was clearly insufficient.

A Google search suggests that to fully uninstall Chrome in Windows 10 you should delete the Chrome folders in the following locations:

• C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Local\Google\
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\

In my case I did not have a Chrome folder in either location, but I deleted most of the folders I found (I left Chrome Remote Desktop and Backup and Sync). I then reinstalled Chrome and am pleased to say Chrome browser access to ReadyCLOUD is now working again - I have repeated this on two computers and both now work.

Good luck to anybody else with this issue!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements