Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

jetjr
Aspirant

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Over the last two days I'm having issues accessing via my MacBook Air app but can still access via my iPhone app as well as logging in directly to the website.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi

If you are facing VPN disconnected issue,please turn off and turn on ReadyCLOUD service in admin UI or simply reboot the device to force restart leafp2p service.after that you will be able to get VPN connection again.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 18

All Replies
Cosimo
Star

I'm having the same issue. The Ready Cloud App is reporting "Online(VPN Disconnected)", while I can access the Nas from the website. Consequently, the sync function is not working and I can't work on my files anymore! The Cloud is why I bought the NAS and it's never working!!!! If Netgear can't provide a working function, why are they advertising saying that her NAS products can work as a cloud?? They can't! Or, to be precise, they can but only some days of the month!!! And now to get help I should pay for support!? This is a fraud!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 2 of 18
meaghan
Tutor

Re: ReadyCloud VPN Disconnected - Apple desktop app

This just started happening to me yesterday. So frustrating. I too can log in to the website, but that is very clunky for the amount of work i do with our files. 

Message 3 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jetjr

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to try uninstalling and reinstalling the ReadyCloud App? And also leaving and rejoining the NAS to ReadyCloud?

Regards

Message 4 of 18
pmjc
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. This is just a recent issue. The last time this happend it was netgear servers. Can someone from Netgearplease weigh in?

Message 5 of 18
jetjr
Aspirant

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling but having same issue.  Still says "Online (VPN Disconnected)".

Message 6 of 18
jetjr
Aspirant

Exact same thing happening for me.

Message 7 of 18
Cosimo
Star

Dear Marc_V,

Thank you for your answer,

I've tried to reinstall the app but it still doesn't work;

What do you mean do mean for "leaving and rejoining the NAS to ReadyCloud"?

Regards, Cosimo.

Message 8 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have moved @meaghan and @pmjc post to this thread.

This issue is now being investigated and are now working to resolve this.

Many thanks!

Message 9 of 18
pmjc
Apprentice

So does that mean this is a Netgear Server problem? Its been going on for at least 2 weeks now. BTW I have done all the previously discussed steps to resolve and none has worked
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 10 of 18
bkxit
Tutor

Yep exactly the same problem....... aprox a week ago it started.

VPN disconnected. using Ready cloud desktop agent. re installed . no diffrence .

Web portal works fine.

readycloud IOS works fine

Message 11 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi

If you are facing VPN disconnected issue,please turn off and turn on ReadyCLOUD service in admin UI or simply reboot the device to force restart leafp2p service.after that you will be able to get VPN connection again.

Message 12 of 18
MattStanding
Aspirant

Slightly different issue for me. I have two ReadyNAS 312 2x2GB devices on two different subnets that replicate data between themselves using the ReadyCLOUD replicate service.

After working everyday for nearly 2 years this has suddenly stopped working and started to fail on 07/07/2018 - around the same time you all reported connection issues.

Both devices are running the latest FW (6.9.3) and can be seen using the ReadyCLOUD console. Bother devices can see the internet (as per the device management webpage) and show a healthy status.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the replicate and readyCLOUD services but still not able to replicate across the Netgear service.

Any update NG?

Message 13 of 18
pmjc
Apprentice

The probelm has morphed to something different. Now theReadyClous app indicaes the  VPN is "connected" and when I click on it it says loading shares, then displays all the folders. If I click on a folder it opens an explorer window and allows me to brose. So all good...but one folder, the documents folder, even though it is displayed does not open explorer and if I try to go to t directly from an explorer window tha shows all the shares, I get a eindows error that says I cant log into that resource becuase Im already logged in in a different user name, yet all the settings are the same for the other folders and I can open them with out issue. Netgear can you shed some light on this? How can I tell what user name is currently looged in to a share so I can fix this. 

Model: ReadyNAS-1000S|ReadyNAS-1000S
Message 14 of 18
StephenB
Guru

This is a windows constraint, not a NAS constraint. Windows only allows you to use one credential to access the NAS at a time.  One caveat is that it treats the NAS hostname and the NAS ip address as two different machines.

Did you have NAS shares open before you opened the ReadyCloud app?  If so, they likely weren't using the ReadyCloud user account.

When you are simply testing access, you can open CMD and enter net use * /delete before you switch credentials.

Message 15 of 18
Cosimo
Star

Dear Deniro,

Thank you for your help,

Now, from my side, the VPN is online again, but the sync function still seems that is not working.

The Ready Cloud app is showing the message "synchronizing...0%", then it shows "synchronizing offline" and after a while again "synchronizing...0%";

Do you have any idea of how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Message 16 of 18
Cosimo
Star

Dear all,

I don't understand why is this post marked as "solved".

It's the same in other discussions concerning the Ready Cloud App's issues when you often find "solved - go to the solution" and then you find out that there is no solution at all. 

The issue is not solved at all! My Ready Cloud App, despite the fact that is no longer showing the message "VPN disconnected" is not synchronizing the folders! This is happening since the VPN has come back to work.

As I said in previous posts, the Ready Cloud App has never worked with constant!

Always this problems that are very irritating when you are working or when you got a close deadline!

I bought the NAS only because of the advertisement for the sync feature!

I still don't understand why Netgear is advertising a service that they can't provide!!

Right now, after 3/4 years of use of the NAS, It can be estimated in one week the time that I spent on looking for solutions in this community or to writing here, all-time stolen from my work!

People want things that work without the need to became a technical expert!

I thought Netgear was a reliability company and I was wrong.

Please,

if someone here got an idea on why the App is no longer synchronizing the folder please let me know.

Message 17 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sent PM to Cosimo

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements