Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 104 synchronization errors "service unavailable"

Trickydicky666
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 synchronization errors "service unavailable"

I'm currently trying to backup areas from my external pc's and tablets to Readynas 104 using 6.6.1. i am getting nothing but synchronization errors on most files and directories with reason given as "Service Unavailable". i'm trying to backup a windows 10 PC and also a windows 10 surface both are failing to upload, Anyone got any ideas?

TIA

Rik

Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas 104 synchronization errors "service unavailable"

Are the PCs on the same LAN as your NAS or at a remote site?

Does the ReadyCLOUD webpage work locally and at a remote site?

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Welcome to the community!

Message 2 of 4
Trickydicky666
Aspirant

Thanks for the prompt reply, i will answer each question in turn:

The Pc's are both on the same lan, 192.168.1.x1 and 192.168.1.x2, the Nas IP is 192.168.1.79.

Yes the readynas admin page works either remotely or locally, i can access it ok from my phones and the share works well from anywhere in the world. what i ever i put on my Nas i can access remotely (thats a direct copy)

I have sent the logs with the Message header in the email title and a link to this thread.

I have been on the forum for a year or so but have never had the need to post before but i appreciate the welcome.

I have tried to limit the Security on the files and directories but that doesnt seem to have had much success, tried re-installing the software (Readycloud desktop app) and obviously have rebooted the Nas drive and updated the firmware but its still not synching backup folders to the nasdrive as it should, some files it will and some it will not. I havnt spotted a pattern, just the annoying beep in windows 10 that synchronization has failed on x director or x file with Service Unavailable

Thanks

Rik

Message 3 of 4
hilteci
Aspirant

I am having this same problem.  My computer and the ReadyNAS 316 are on the same LAN.  I can access the NAS through the admin page and the ReadyCLOUD web portal.  My ReadyCLOUD client on my Windows 10 computer connects, but now none of my folders sync anymore.  They all give me "Syncronization Error.  Reason:  Service Unavailable."

I have checked the logs, and it's all just a bunch of snapshots and prunes.  Although I did notice a TON of prunes right after I rebooted after upgrading to firmware 6.6.1.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ReadyNAS client on Windows, I have the latest firmware on the NAS, and have rebooted the NAS several times as well.  Nothing seems to work - none of my folders are backing up to the NAS anymore.

What can be done about this?

Thanks, Joe

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements