Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readycloud portal network error 0x8007003B

TammieGay
Aspirant

readycloud portal network error 0x8007003B

I'm getting the following error - network error 0x8007003B - when transferring word documents from my location (Melbourne) to our head office (Sydney) via the desktop app.  I'm running ReadyCloud client v1.16. I don't have a machine housed at my location, this is all at the head office.

We've been using the system for years and I've not had this problem. It has only started over the last couple of weeks. I connect using a hard line not wi-fi. I'm running windows 10.

When the word document does actually transfer and the office in Sydney try to access it they get a message saying the file is corrupt.  The majority of the files are under 2mb.

I don't get the same issue when transferring pdf's or jpegs.

I don't really have any tech knowledge so if anyone can suggest what the issue might be or offer some basic instructions on how to fix it that would be awesome.  Start talking computer language or programming tech and you'll probably lose me!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: readycloud portal network error 0x8007003B

This could be a Windows 10 issue,a FAQ from below link may help you to resolve the issue 

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-windows-10-error-code-0x8007003b-an-unexpected-network-error-occu...

Message 2 of 6
TammieGay
Aspirant

Hi Deniro

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.

It's strange that I can transfer multiple files across the network at the same time to the same folder and the only one that has the issue is the word document.

Message 3 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @TammieGay

The Word file being transferred should not be in use by MS Word at the time of transfer. Also, you are locally connected on the NAS right? meaning HO accesses the files remotely or vice versa?

Have you tried transferring just one file? the issue usually occurs when transferring large files. Kindly try to disable any Security software when trying to transfer as well.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 4 of 6
TammieGay
Aspirant

Hi Marc_V

Thank you for your suggestions.  I've been transferring all types of files from my home office in Melbourne to our Sydney office via the ReadyCloud (vpn) desktop app (or a version of it) for the last 10 years and this problem has only been occurring for the last couple of weeks. The head office have the device in their office and I remotely connect to it to transfer the files.

I never have documents open when I'm transferring/uploading them to our server in Sydney. The word documents are never larger than 2mb and even when loading just a single one the message I get is still the same.  When the files do transfer successfully? after a second attempt when they are attempted to be opened by staff in Sydney they are corrupt. However I don't have the same issue with a pdf or jpeg files. I've tested turning off the security as suggested but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks for these suggestions though.

Cheers

I just can't understand why this would start happening - there must be a reason but not sure how to solve it.  The ReadyCloud desktop app that I use is the most recent version and the ReadyNas device in the Sydney office is up to date.

Message 5 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @TammieGay

Have you tried downloading or uploading the file on a different Windows OS version? Also, have you tried uploading the 6.9.4-T8 Beta firmware?

Regards

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements