× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t uninstall Plex App Which Has Error 2200201000

Nakiboy
Aspirant

Can’t uninstall Plex App Which Has Error 2200201000

Hi, I'm wanting to use Plex Media Server on my Netgear RN-202 NAS (Firmware 6.10.5 Hotfix 1)

I have Plex Media Server Version 1.24.1.4931 installed but if I try to run it I get error code 2200201000.

I have tried over installing a previous version but I still get the same error, If I try to uninstall it to try a reinstall it says it's uninstalled but It's still still there even after a restart.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rob

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4
Nakiboy
Aspirant

Re: Can’t uninstall Plex App Which Has Error 2200201000

So nobody has a suggestion? Am I missing a simple answer as I can't get the app working or uninstall it...

Message 2 of 4
funglenn
Luminary

i vaguely remmeber that the 202 has an ATOM or a smaller intel processor and needed a different install package than the regular x86 platform.  if this is the case and you tried the mainstream package this may have corrupted something.  system.   Could this have been the issue?  if so,  I would remove your data, to be safe, and do an OS reinstall, if that does not help, reinitiallize to factory settings (you will lose all data) and then look for the file for your system. However you will not get great performance from that box for plex and it may not be worth all the effort. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/How-to-upgrade-my-quot-Plex-Media-Ser...

good luck!

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@funglenn wrote:

i vaguely remmeber that the 202 has an ATOM

No, the RN202 uses an arm processor (not intel at all).

Someone here had a similar problem some years ago.   The solution is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/PLEX-is-failing-to-initialize-with-er...

There are two ways to look for the pid file.  One is to use ssh.  The other is to access the NAS data volume with admin credentials.  For example, run CMD and enter this:

net use * /delete /y
net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real NAS IP address and NAS admin password of course.  Be care on the typing (both the slash directions and the spaces matter).

Then open file explorer, and enter T:\.apps\plexmediaserver\MediaLibrary\Plex Media Server in the address bar.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements