× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring SoftEther VPN on Netgear NAS 626x

scotty134
Aspirant

Configuring SoftEther VPN on Netgear NAS 626x

Hello,

I have a question how I can configure SoftEther on my Netgear 626x? I saw in APPs that I can install SoftEther VPN, but it's no lunch button for this. How I can configure this VPN server and what do I need to make it work(static IP/ host name, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Yurii

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Configuring SoftEther VPN on Netgear NAS 626x

I used it quite some time ago.  If I remember correctly, it sets up a share that contains the configuration files so you can gain access to them without dropping to SSH.  But I think it's also a pretty ancient version.

I switched to ZeroTier, but the ReadyNAS-specific version of that is also long in the tooth, now.

Message 2 of 5
scotty134
Aspirant

So looks like I have to go with VPN on router or to install VPN Server on one of my severs. 

Message 3 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

On the router usually works best.  Alternately, you could install an updated version via SSH.  But you need to take care you don't leave it a way to fill the OS partition (with logs, for example).  And that doesn't solve the issue of configuring through something other than SSH.

Message 4 of 5
scotty134
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements