× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Istat

super_poussin
Virtuoso

Istat

istat

• Description:
    istatd is a daemon serving statistics to your iStat iPhone application from Linux, Solaris & FreeBSD. istatd collects data such as CPU, memory, network and disk usage and keeps the history. Once connecting from the iPhone and entering the lock code this data will be sent to the iPhone and shown in fancy graphs.

• Requirements: RAIDiator 4.1.5+

• Platform: sparc

• Current Version: 1.5

Istat (04/23/2010)

• Changes in 1.5:

• based on Istatd 0.5.7
        • Temperature and fan support with lm_sensors (not for Readynas)

• Fix: Memory meterics incorrect in Linux (cached).

• Fix: Do not create PID file if it's not specified in config.

• Fix: Removed unneccesary linkage to libld.

• Fix: Reverted load avg. probe for procfs.

• Fix: Segfault when reading cache with more than one client.

• Fix: PID file contained the mother PID when -d

• now support bonjour (thanks chirpa)

• Installation Notes:

• require the istat iphone app link to appstore

• you can change default password from frontview ui (by default 12345)

• password must have a lenght of five digits

• you can also edit /addons-config/istatd/istat.conf

• Screenshots:

• Old Versions:

Istat (02/25/2010)

• Credits:
            http://code.google.com/p/istatd/
Message 1 of 20
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: Istat

updated
Message 2 of 20
super_poussin
Virtuoso

updated
Message 3 of 20
super_poussin
Virtuoso

updated
Message 4 of 20
alfry82
Initiate

sorry I do not find the application on the apple store

Message 5 of 20
Steffko
Aspirant

Same with me !

- maybe only available in the american store !?

Message 6 of 20
jonl0711
Aspirant

When will istat be available in Australian stores?

Message 7 of 20
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps pm @super_poussin.  The original post goes back to 2009, which is perhaps a hint that it is no longer in the store.

Message 8 of 20
siigna
NETGEAR Expert

@alfry82 wrote:

sorry I do not find the application on the apple store

@Steffko wrote:

Same with me !

- maybe only available in the american store !?

@jonl0711 wrote:

When will istat be available in Australian stores?

The developer of iStat (bjango) says the iOS app is not currently available.

iStat for iOS isn’t available right now — we’re working on a major update, and the older version doesn’t run well under iOS 9. We don’t have an ETA for its return, but it definitely will be back.
Message 9 of 20
rmacbeth
Apprentice

Any update on the release of istat for ios ?

Message 10 of 20
simes_pep
Aspirant

Hi,

There is a new version of iStat, version 3, however, this requires a revised server component to gather the stats from the server node.

Details are at: https://bjango.com/help/istat3/linuxpackages/

So is there any chance that the current iStat package for ReadyNAS x86 and Sparc platforms could be updated to this latest version?

I have 2 ReadyNAS Ultra 2's (one a Plus) and an old Duo, serving purely as network filestore servers, however, it is useful to understand CPU, I/O, and Disk usage.

I also have iStat running on 2 Raspberry Pis and a Linksys NSLU2, but since I build the server end, I should be able to update the package.

Thanks,

Simon.

Message 11 of 20
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I'd like to see a updated, easy to install istat version for the ReadyNAS.  The old server version doesn't work with the new app.

Message 12 of 20
NAStools
Luminary

I've got a ReadyNAS OS (6.x) package for iStat v3.0 in my thread.

Message 13 of 20
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Thanks, I found it, installed it and it's now working on my iPhone.

Message 14 of 20
simes_pep
Aspirant

Ok, but does this version work on RAIDiator 4.2.30 for my Ultra 2+ & Ultra 2 models, and RAIDiator 4.1.15 on my Duo model?

You have them as .deb packages, is there any chance you could create the packages for installation through Frontview.

Thanks,

Simon.

Message 15 of 20
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

It's running on my upgraded 516 with 6.6.0 on it.  It's kind of nice seeing the info on my iPhone easyily.  But only works when I'm onmy Local network.  I don't know if I can use it away from home.  Netdata NT shows a ton more data.  Doesn't work on the iPhone, but on a Web-UI.   So depends on your needs and what Data you want to look at.    They're interesting, but for me, not a huge deal.    

Having a older OS on your NAS can suck as you may not get these newer updates that require a newer OS for the program to run.  Everything is moving forward and you're kind of stuck in the past.  It's one of the reasons I got a newer/used NAS that supported the newer OS.  It's like trying to run Windows 10 on a 386 PC from the past.    Even programs like PLEX is now requiring the newer OS.  Development has stopped on the older OS versions.  

If it's at all possible for someone to create a version that will still run on the older OS, I'm all for it.

Message 16 of 20
simes_pep
Aspirant

Thanks, but I will wait and see if anyone ports iStat on the 4.4.x and 4.1.x versions.

I only use my NAS unit for Network attached Storage, backups using rsync, and the occassional Bittorrent.

So the stats I am looking for are disk usage, and general CPU/memory load.

There is no cost justification for replacing 3 perfectly working NAS units for new ones, just to work with the latest version of the ReadyNAS OS. Especially when this is based on a Linux distribution, proven over the last 20 years.

Thanks,

Simon.

Message 17 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@simes_pep wrote:

There is no cost justification for replacing 3 perfectly working NAS units for new ones, just to work with the latest version of the ReadyNAS OS.

If that's your only reason for replacement, then I agree.  

There are other reasons to consider it though - 

-much higher performance in all OS 6 NAS than the sparc-based OS 4.1

-up-to-date security patches in OS-6 (which might not matter to you, but does matter to a lot of people)

-The 2 TB disk drive ceiling on the OS 4.1 limits max capacity

-expansion limits in OS 4.2 (16 TiB total, 8 TiB growth limit)

-current linux in OS 6 (which matters for some add-ons).

Personally I have two 4.1 ReadyNAS and one 4.2 ReadyNAS still in service.  The 4.1 NAS are just running because I have them (I back up to them, but have enough backups without them).  OS 4.2 system can run OS 6 btw, and that's an option many have taken.  When I get to the point I need to factory-reset my Pro-6, I'll take the plunge there.

Message 18 of 20
simes_pep
Aspirant

Thanks, I think we are on the same place, and with a similar outlook.

-much higher performance in all OS 6 NAS than the sparc-based OS 4.1

Yes, but just as a backup volume, over rsync it performs ok, with the 2TB ceiling - I imagine I will have to retire it in the future - heh I also have a Linksys NSLU2 with 2 1TB USB disks as part of the available backup destinations.

-up-to-date security patches in OS-6 (which might not matter to you, but does matter to a lot of people)

No - all my NAS are behind a Cisco VPN Firewall, with only ReadyNAS Remote as a remote accessibility capability.

-The 2 TB disk drive ceiling on the OS 4.1 limits max capacity

Yes, I have a pair of unused 4TB disks, serving as a snapshot backup set, at present - to use these would require another NAS unit.

-expansion limits in OS 4.2 (16 TiB total, 8 TiB growth limit)

This may be a limit in the future, however my NAS are all 2-bay, running RAID 1, with the max being 8TB from 8TB disks, and 10TBs the next upgrade - but this is presently the largest available HDDs and pretty expensive at present.

-current linux in OS 6 (which matters for some add-ons).

These are just plain NAS usage - samba (cifs), nfs, rsync all pretty vanilla linux functions.

Maybe when one of the Ultra 2's needs a factory reset, will I have a look at upgrading to OS 6

Best,

Simon.

Message 19 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@simes_pep wrote:

Thanks, I think we are on the same place, and with a similar outlook.

Sounds like it to me too.

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements