× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Logitech Media Server fails after RN102 firmware upgrade to 6.8.1

CasperG
Aspirant

Logitech Media Server fails after RN102 firmware upgrade to 6.8.1

After upgrading my ReadyNAS 102 firmware from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1 my Logitech Media Server NT disappeared from the installed apps. And after reinstalling the Logitech Media Server NT app it it will not launch. How can I get the LMS get working again?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Logitech Media Server fails after RN102 firmware upgrade to 6.8.1

You have two separate installation of Logitech Media Server -- one appears to be an app from NASTools, and the other is the unmodified package from Logitech.  The Logitech (non-app) version is starting, which conflicts with the NASTools app and won't allow it to start.

You'll need to get rid of the old package to allow the app to work.  From an SSH command prompt, you can run `apt-get purge logitechmediaserver` to do that.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CasperG
Aspirant

some more information: I can switch on and launch the new installed Logitech Media Server app from the installed apps tab but the logitech Media server app quits when I leave the ReadyNAS set-up page. After reopening this set-up page it says no apps are running and I have to switch the LMS app on and launch the program again. Until firmware 6.8.0 the LMS app never closed down. Anyone the same problem with the Logitech Media Server app?

Casper

Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 3 of 5
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

You have two separate installation of Logitech Media Server -- one appears to be an app from NASTools, and the other is the unmodified package from Logitech.  The Logitech (non-app) version is starting, which conflicts with the NASTools app and won't allow it to start.

You'll need to get rid of the old package to allow the app to work.  From an SSH command prompt, you can run `apt-get purge logitechmediaserver` to do that.

Message 4 of 5
Spannerthumbs
Aspirant

I had a problem with Pousins Logitech Media server failing to work (I think after a firmware update). I downloaded LMS again from the app directory but was surprised to see Pousins name was not in evidence. Installed and no change, still dead. looks like it starts but hangs when you go to app homepage. Since updated Readynas102 to latest version 6.8.1. Box rebooted but still couldnt access app. Decided to remove app and reinstall "lms_1.0.9_all.deb" as per advice hereabouts. Tried to remove existing app first but I just get a spinning wheel. Help would be greatly appreciated.Do I need to crash out of this remove process somehow?

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements