× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud login issue

Masoud
Initiate

ReadyCloud login issue

Hi Guys

First of, the form I filled in to start this discussion wouldn't keep my device model number so I say it hear. It is a ReadyNAS RN31400.

No the issue I am having. For almost a couple of years I have been using my Readycloud user and password to login to Readycloud portal to create new users and carry out other admin activities. A few days ago, quite a while since my last siging on the site, I went to readycloud's website and clicked on "sign in" on the top right hand side. The usual login screen popped up asking for my email address and password. I filled in the info and clicked sing in. After that the "email" ans "password" on the sign in windows turned red and nothing happened. I am ceratin I inputed the correct details. At this point I went to the forum and read about the issue. My understading is that I now need to have a MyNETGEAR account. So on the same failed login page I clicked on "Upgrade to a MyNETGEAR account" assuming my current readycloud account gets upgraded. On the next page there was three options:

1- Sign in with MyNETGEAR account. I don't have such an account yet so I left this option

2- Create a MyNETDEAR account

3- Upgrade your existing readycloud account. I clicked on this option. On the next page I was asked to input my readycloud user name and ready cloud password wich I did and clicked on "start the upgrade process" which resulted in an error message saying incorrect user name or password.

At this point, I decided to go for option 2 above and create a MyNEATGEAR account. I clicked on this option and on the next page filled in the information required i.e email address (I used the same email address as mu readycloud account), first name, last name, password, confirm password and then ticked the box to agree to the T&C, then clicked on "create". then a message came up saying "this email address is already registered". This is as far as I have gone and I am not stuck.

Just to let you know, The device firmware has been upgraded to the latest version on 29/1/2019. Also I have already followed the instruction here:

https://kb.netgear.com/30599/How-do-I-upgrade-my-ReadyCLOUD-account-if-I-have-a-MyNETGEAR-com-accoun...

to no avail.

Any help is apreciated. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks

Masoud

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud login issue

Hi @Masoud

Welcome to the Community!

Is your RN314 still joined on ReadyCloud? If it is, there is a possibility that you may have to unjoin it first then rejoin it to the MyNETGEAR Account that has been created. When you tried to upgrade your ReadyCloud account did you used the same Email that you also used when you chose  Option 2?

kindly try to go to my.netgear.com and login using the said Email. You can always use the forgot password link in case you don't have the password.

It is very important that the Old ReadyCloud account be upgraded on the SSO login.

ReadyCLOUD looks for an existing MyNETGEAR account matching your ReadyCLOUD email address. Because you have an existing MyNETGEAR.com account, ReadyCLOUD prompts you to link your ReadyCLOUD and MyNETGEAR.com accounts.

PM me your ReadyCloud account email and the Email you used for MyNETGEAR

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Masoud

Welcome to the Community!

Is your RN314 still joined on ReadyCloud? If it is, there is a possibility that you may have to unjoin it first then rejoin it to the MyNETGEAR Account that has been created. When you tried to upgrade your ReadyCloud account did you used the same Email that you also used when you chose  Option 2?

kindly try to go to my.netgear.com and login using the said Email. You can always use the forgot password link in case you don't have the password.

It is very important that the Old ReadyCloud account be upgraded on the SSO login.

ReadyCLOUD looks for an existing MyNETGEAR account matching your ReadyCLOUD email address. Because you have an existing MyNETGEAR.com account, ReadyCLOUD prompts you to link your ReadyCLOUD and MyNETGEAR.com accounts.

PM me your ReadyCloud account email and the Email you used for MyNETGEAR

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Masoud
Initiate

Hello again

Many thanks Marc_V for the reply, also thanks to Nodism1125 for her private message yesterday. And aplogies for many typing errors in my initial post.

I have actually resolved the issue late last night, UK time. This is wat I did: I went  to mynetgear.com and typed in the same email address as I used in my readycloud account and instead of signing in I clicked on "forgot password". Then followed the password reset link that was emailed to me and reset the password. After that I was able to sign in to my readt cloud portal.

To answer your questions Marc, Yes on both occations of trying to upgrade my readycloud account and trying to create a MyNETGEAR account I used my readycloud email address. Both attempt resulted in failure.

My own conclusion is that the reason for the failure in upgrading my readycloud account to a Mynetgear account was due to the fact that my readycloud password was ridiculously uncomplicated and once I changed it to a more obscure one it was accepted. So I suggest to other member who experience a similar issue to try and change their password.

Thanks to everyone again who read the post and tried to help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements