× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyWOL 0.1 doesn't work on ReadyNAS Duo v1

Ayahuasca
Aspirant

ReadyWOL 0.1 doesn't work on ReadyNAS Duo v1

Hi all,

I bought RND2000v1 (ReadyNAS Duo v1), and I was sure that it has WOL and I didn’t check it, and now I realized that it doesn’t have.. I know my fault.

I purchased ReadyWOL 0.1 addon, but it doesn’t work as well. Description says that it requires RAIDiator 4.1.7, but this is old version and it’s not available anymore, I tired to test it on 4.1.8 with zilch result, as well on the newest 4.1.15.

Does it require strictly 4.1.7? There is a word about older versions than 4.1.7 that it may not work on it, nothing about newer. I have also between NAS and my router, 2 switches, but I don’t think so that this causes problem. The link to power on NAS is 100% fine, I checked MAC and IP twice, and run it on opera, chrome, firefox…

I am hopeless with this NAS, I don’t want keep this in my room, I thought that every NAS has WOL, this is so basic thing. Bummer. Is there anything what I can do with this? (of course apart from throwing this out of window) . I run out of options.

Sorry for my EN.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyWOL 0.1 doesn't work on ReadyNAS Duo v1

If I remember correctly, the WOL add-on for OS 4.1.x works the other way -- it allows the NAS to send a WOL packet to another device, before a pending back-up, for example.  I don't believe there is any way to implement incoming WOL on a Duo or NV+ V1.

The Duo and NV+ V2 do have WOL.  But unless you have other NASes with which you desire to maintain commonality, you should really take a look at the current generation of devices instead of buying used older ones, where you get zero warranty support, a very old operating system for which OS and app updates are not likely to be coming, and slower processor and memory.

The best you can do on a Duo V1 is to put it on a schedule.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

If I remember correctly, the WOL add-on for OS 4.1.x works the other way -- it allows the NAS to send a WOL packet to another device, before a pending back-up, for example.  I don't believe there is any way to implement incoming WOL on a Duo or NV+ V1.

The Duo and NV+ V2 do have WOL.  But unless you have other NASes with which you desire to maintain commonality, you should really take a look at the current generation of devices instead of buying used older ones, where you get zero warranty support, a very old operating system for which OS and app updates are not likely to be coming, and slower processor and memory.

The best you can do on a Duo V1 is to put it on a schedule.

Message 2 of 3
Ayahuasca
Aspirant

Thanks for info. Yeah I found out after shopping that Duo V2 has WOL, but I needed something simple and not the newest due to the fact that I was going to use it once a week. So there is no way to force it to wake up on lane… The app allow me to remotely turn off this NAS, but I can’t turn it on, so what’s the purpose of turn it off remotely when I can’t turn it on the same way, it’s completely ridiculous. And I bought it as new device and registered it and I have several months of support, but for what. Unfortunately I was going to use it randomly, on demand, so the schedule doesn’t help me.

According to developer info if should work on OS4, maybe I write to them and they will be know something.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements