× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iscsi disk is connected on iSCSI initiator properties but not visible on Windows disk management

Bob245
Guide

iscsi disk is connected on iSCSI initiator properties but not visible on Windows disk management

On my Readynas Pro 4 (OS 6.10.4) I have setting a iSCSI disk. I have setting the initiator (a windows server 2016).

The initiator have the target connect but in windows disk management there is not the volume.

I have another iSCSI disk (from Qnap nas) connect to this initiator and this work well...
How can I do to solve this? Thanks
bob

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rn_enthusiast
Virtuoso

Re: iscsi disk is connected on iSCSI initiator properties but not visible on Windows disk management

Hi @Bob245 

When you create a LUN it is first "Unassigned". You need to make a target LUN group and assign your LUN to that group. The fact that you can map the LUN target but there is no volume showing up in Windows, would suggest the LUN you have is not assigned to the LUN target group.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
rn_enthusiast
Virtuoso

Re: iscsi disk is connected on iSCSI initiator properties but not visible on Windows disk management

Hi @Bob245 

When you create a LUN it is first "Unassigned". You need to make a target LUN group and assign your LUN to that group. The fact that you can map the LUN target but there is no volume showing up in Windows, would suggest the LUN you have is not assigned to the LUN target group.

Cheers

Message 2 of 4
Bob245
Guide

You were right, I hadn't put LUN in the Target LUN Group.

Thanks a lot
bob

Message 3 of 4
rn_enthusiast
Virtuoso

No problem and good to hear that you got it solved. Please do consider to mark this post as "Resolved".

Cheers.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements