× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My iPhone/iPad can't access My ReadyNas(RND2000 V1) share drive

Oliver_YE
Aspirant

My iPhone/iPad can't access My ReadyNas(RND2000 V1) share drive

Hello,

I have ReadyNAS for file storing and sharing in my home, but I can't access the share drive from iPhone/iPad file apps,but My Windows 11 laptop can access without any problem. it's not account/privileges issue, as windows/Andrion can access without any issue.

ReadyNAS: #RND2000 v1

FW: 4.1.6, the latest version.

iPhone IOS: 17.3.

Any idea about this problem? Just doubt the SMB protocol is too low in the NAS?

Message 1 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Re: My iPhone/iPad can't access My ReadyNas(RND2000 V1) share drive

@Oliver_YE wrote:

Any idea about this problem? Just doubt the SMB protocol is too low in the NAS?

...or much to high on your iOS devices for a very legacy ReadyNAS still operating on SMB 1.0?

Keep in mind, Windows 10 Home and Pro version came with SMB 1.0 installed, while Windows 11 does no longer. The only feature still in place on a new Windows 11 installation is the automatic removal of SMB 1.0. It still can be enabled in the Windows-Features control.

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

One workaround would be to use FTP instead.  Though I think you'd need to get an FTP app (I don't think Files will accept ftp:// ).

Message 3 of 8
saudade
Apprentice

Did it ever work?  Did you just update IOS?

I have a Duo V1 and an iPhone 7 (yes I know it's old) with IOS15.8.  I've never been able to connect to either the Duo, my WD EX4 or my USB Drive on my Netgear router (Readyshare) directly using Files.  I use an app called ES File Explorer. 

On my Win11 I had to turn on the SMB 1.0 in Windows Features (in control panel) in order to browse through the shares.

Message 4 of 8
Oliver_YE
Aspirant

Thanks buddy. Yes, I enable the SMB protocal in Win11 to access my Legacy ReadyNas, it's work very well. But iPhone/iPad File Apps can't work with ReadyNAS......

Message 5 of 8
Oliver_YE
Aspirant

No, still dones't work with my iPhone/iPad, and I have a HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 which is installed Windows Server 2012 R2 for file sharing, the HP Gen8 can work with iPhone/iPad very well.

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Oliver_YE wrote:

... But iPhone/iPad File Apps can't work with ReadyNAS......

Are you on your legacy ReadyNAS supporting only SMB 1.0/CIFS protocol, and hanging on the Apple Apps not support neither SMB 1.0 nor CIFS client? Well, this can't be enabled on this modern mobile phone Apps at all. That's why somebody mentioned using a third-party App, where the devs hav implemented some user space SMB 1.0/CIFS client, not sure by how far this is possible on iOS.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

That's why somebody mentioned using a third-party App, where the devs hav implemented some user space SMB 1.0/CIFS client, not sure by how far this is possible on iOS.

ES File Explorer also supports FTP, which will work with the legacy NAS.  

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements