× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SC101 Storage Central Access

StorageCentral
Aspirant

SC101 Storage Central Access

I am trying to access an old SC101 from any of the following pc's, Window 10, Mac, or Virtual windows XP but not having any success.

Questions
1. Is there any way of logging in or accessing other than the Netgear SCM 3.0.6 program?
2. From the support website this downloads as a Bin File and will not run?
3. Will it only run on 32 bit software?
4. I have tried the Mac version but cannot get this to run either.
5. I have installed JRE Runtime but then it wants Flash Player that I would be reluctant to install and is not available any more.
Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StorageCentral
Aspirant

Re: SC101 Storage Central Access

Finally sorted, downloaded a virtual WinXP 32Bit to VirtualBox. In VirtualBox set up bridged network card to see my own network and then a Virtual shared drive. Loaded the SCM utility onto windows. Managed to transfer all my old data accross.

Thanks for all suggestions.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@StorageCentral 

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to access the data before? SC101 is pretty old and EOL but you may be able to access it if SCM is installed. The .bin file is a firmware for the SC101 you should try downloading the other link the which has the .exe file for windows

Please see this link

Though it says US only but maybe worth a try.

HTH

Message 2 of 8
StorageCentral
Aspirant

It is very old now but was working correctly when last used. Pings OK.

I have tried the SCM 3 0 6 US Version but this will not work on 64 bit windows.

I was thinking of install a 32 bit windows virtual machine but then you run into issues with it been on another network.

Do you know if there is any way to FTP into it or any other client software.

Message 3 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Is the drive not showing under explorer? Do you have any LED indicators lit? any error message? If it is not accessible we may need to use SCM to set it up again.

Not really sure if there are still users of SCM, hopefully they can share steps to do.

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

Not really sure if there are still users of SCM, hopefully they can share steps to do.

I suggest moving this thread to https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/bd-p/stora

@StorageCentral :  One aspect here is that Netgear ended the Stora cloud service in April 2020.  https://kb.netgear.com/000061310/Announcement-Stora-cloud-service-is-ending-April-1-2020

Message 5 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@StephenB 

SC101 or Storage Central Manager does not connect to Stora service to access its data, using SCM Utility will setup a Network drive to be accessed by the user. Storage Central is a SAN,

@StorageCentral 

It seems that the SC101 you have may need to be setup again but since SCM cannot be installed on your 64-bit PC you may have to try using 32-bit but it shoud install. Support have ended since it is EOL so we may not be able to expect any updates on the installer and firmware

You need to have it setup as a Network drive, have you tried accessing it on explorer using its IP address?

Message 6 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

One option would be to use a virtual machine runnig a 32-bit version or Windows.  You can get a completely legit one from Microsoft that expires in 90 days: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/ 

Message 7 of 8
StorageCentral
Aspirant

Finally sorted, downloaded a virtual WinXP 32Bit to VirtualBox. In VirtualBox set up bridged network card to see my own network and then a Virtual shared drive. Loaded the SCM utility onto windows. Managed to transfer all my old data accross.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements