× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for LDAP support

crhoton
Follower

Looking for LDAP support

Ok, I am trying to use Active Directory authentication only to grant access to specific shares. I do not want the device tied to Active Directory, I simply need to read AD to verify that a user is a member of a specific group, or groups. I have a read only accout to preform the look up and group check, but the device seems to require that it be joined to the domain, and then managed by the AD administrator. This device will be used by a security group, which does not want others to have access to the device. If NetGear does not offer a software upgrade to allow LDAP read to check and grant access to the shares, is there an open source alternative or add on to allow authentication only via LDAP on the device?

Thank you for your response in advance.

Model: RN51663E|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x3TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Looking for LDAP support

Hello crhoton,

I'm not sure if you have noticed the title of this topic you created. I've corrected it, anyway.

LDAP support has been added as a suggestion at the Idea Exchange board already, you may add a kudos to help up-vote the feature.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Looking for LDAP support

Hello crhoton,

I'm not sure if you have noticed the title of this topic you created. I've corrected it, anyway.

LDAP support has been added as a suggestion at the Idea Exchange board already, you may add a kudos to help up-vote the feature.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements